“Lower your expectations if you need a nice clean room...”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Philadelphia Airport
Ranked #43 of 86 Hotels in Philadelphia
Parkland, Florida
“Lower your expectations if you need a nice clean room...”
Reviewed January 9, 2008

Just wrapped up a two-night stay...I've stayed at probably 10-11 different Embassy Suites properties over the years, this is the only disappointing stay I've had. My room was extremely shabby and dirty. It's one thing to be worn over the years...another to have hairs from previous guests all over the bathroom -- in the tub, near the sink, on the floor -- probably a dozen observations and I wasn't even trying. The carpet was very worn and soiled, the toilet looked 15 years old easy -- quite simply the room needed a complete renovation a long time ago -- and they were in the process of renovating while I was there so maybe this room is coming up soon. Also, I should note there were roughly 10 protesters loudly booing us as we entered the hotel at check-in with a large banner reading "Don't Stay at this Hotel". I have no idea what the story was. Our dinner at the hotel restaurant "Embassy Grille" was below Applebee's/Chili's chain "quality" at twice the price. Anyway, the workers were nice, the breakfast/happy hours were OK, but for the money I'll be elsewhere next time.

• Liked — happy hour open bar
  • Disliked — very, very dirty room
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank paperbag41

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (190)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Cleveland
Reviewed January 5, 2008

I stayed for one night in January 2008 for Business. Location is very convenient to airport, with many travellers staying the night before early AM flights. I stayed here because of location to a/p and also price (downtown hotels were $300+ and I got my room at Embassy for $159). My room was fine and the extras you get from the Embassy (free drinks and free breakfast) are always a plus. The overall quality of food for dinner at Embassy Grille was good (Lemon Chicken pasta good!) but my dining experience was miserable because it was freezing cold inside of the building. I was shivering as were the other patrons during dinner. When I asked about the temperature, the waitress said there nothing they could do. I complained to 3 different employees about the temperature and they all said there was nothing they could do. I would stay here again if I needed to be by the airport, but not in the winter as they apparently can't handle regulation of the indoor temperature.

• Liked — Location to the airport
  • Disliked — Freezing cold inside building
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank NeuroAngiodoc
Annapolis, Maryland
Reviewed December 27, 2007

I had a very good one week stay. I loved how I could walk to the R1 (commuter train) that took me into the city in a consistent 20 minutes - or 5 minutes to the airport! Free parking at the hotel and very convenient! The staff was very friendly and the room was clean. Yes, a bit noisy if you are out in the front part of the suite, but very quiet in the spacious bedroom.

They are renovating and once that is completed, it will be very nice.

Again, it was very relaxing to leave the city and get out here each night. I loved the R1 train and the hotel shuttle service was very friendly.

You can't beat the free happy hour with beer, wine and liquor as well!

• Liked — Parking
  • Disliked — Older rooms
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled on business
1 Thank Gary H
USA
Reviewed December 13, 2007

I had my travel agent book a hotel convenient to the airport due to widespread flight cancellations from a winter storm in the Northeast. For $200+/night, this hotel is badly in need of renovation. The staff is helpful and pleasant but my room is in a state of disrepair and wouldn't recommend this property until/unless it is renovated. Just not worth the money.

• Stayed December 2007, traveled on business
1 Thank JHiker_7

Travelers are raving about these Philadelphia hotels

Salt Lake City
Reviewed November 9, 2007

I really, really disliked my stay here.

I had a 25 minute wait for the airport shuttle. The other folks on my flight who were staying in other hotels (Fairmont and Sheraton) had their shuttles within 10 minutes.

The hotel is old, dirty, dark, and just unpleasant. When the shuttle driver pulled up he must have been reading my mind as he commented on the unpleasant new exterior paint color. I had been thinking that the Courtyard Hotel on the other side of the parking lot looked much more appealing.

Upon check-in I was given the worst room in the hotel - first floor, front windows faced the elevators (and with a tile floor the luggage carts coming and going sounded like a herd of elephants all night long) and the bedroom windows faced the front entrance (traffic and luggage racks all night long). The hotel was not sold out but I wasn't given a better room. I have read stories where you get the worst room in the place because you booked through Expedia or the like, but I booked directly through the hotel itself.

My room had peeling wallpaper, old (OLD!) furniture, stained carpets, and an overall sense of shabbiness.

I booked this hotel for the kitchen facilities which turned out to be an old beat-up microwave with a minifridge - no dishes, no utensils, no nothing.

The exercise room is equally old and shabby and not nearly enough to facilitate the number of guests who wanted to use it in the morning.

For $200. per night they still charged $4. for a 1L bottle of water.

For $200+ per night I will surely stay somewhere else on my next trip.

I'm tempted to give is just 1 star - but it probably deserves a 1 1/2 so I'll go for the 2 star rating.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Shabbiness
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled solo
1 Thank KatieScarlettO
new york
Reviewed October 23, 2007

I stayed at the Embassy Suites on October 20-22nd. Overall, the hotel
was nice. I was impressed by the size of the rooms and having the suite was nice. My largest complaint was that at 6:30am monday morning I was woken up by someone with an air horn by a protester outside the hotel window. For over two hours someone was outside saying "may I have your attention please...may I have your attention please" and then something about u.s. airways or the hotel. I am not sure. But evidently, there are some labor issues in the hotel with union and non-union workers and someone was protesting. I am not sure
if this protest happens around all of the airport hotels or just this
one. However, the "announcement" continued for two hours.

• Liked — size of suite
  • Disliked — noise outside
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled on business
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed October 21, 2007

A good value for the area. Needs to be remodeled - beds are not comfortable - but they are in the process of remodeling. Unfortunately, there were some impolite guests there while we were there and they made the stay less than pleasant. The food in the restaurant was good though.

• Stayed October 2007, traveled with family