“Delightful & Surprising”

Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: City Center East
Cross street: Between 9th & 10th Streets
Reviewed January 20, 2013

Absolutely LOVE this space - it's warm and inviting. The bartender made my Vodka-Arnold Palmer's perfectly, our waiter was attentive and hospitable, and the food came out quickly. I came here for restaurant week and had their delicious chicken and biscuits, tossed salad, cheese puffs, and peanut butter pie. Everything was great! I didn't really like the cheese puffs...just not my thing, but everything was appropriately sized. Also, their salad, large chunks of fresh lettuce with a buttermilk dressing, and onions rings for flavor was great. I just loved my experience here and the hostess was very friendly. GREAT FOR A DATE. One complaint: First floor bathroom door doesn't lock...which was uncomfortable and awkward. I really had to go to the bathroom and this created anxiety for me.

1  Thank Katie M

Reviewed January 10, 2013

Restaurant has one of the nicer rooms on South Street. Open spaces with great atmosphere, particularly the second floor. I wish the food was as universally good. My experience was hit or miss. Had an excellent appetizer (picnic plate), a fair entree (fried chicken) and a disappointing dessert (waffles). It's a shame, as the staff were very pleasant, and the owners, who I met, very accommodating. Maybe it was an off night, as I had heard good reviews on this place. They advocate local sourcing of ingredients, which is great. Might be worth a follow up in the future to see if its better.

Reviewed December 31, 2012

I've eaten at Supper a few times for dinner & have always enjoyed my meals but I must say I really do love their brunch offerings. The atmosphere is a kind of cozy industrial rustic urban. Chef owners were our servers,as pleasant as can be & they were able to get us out within an hour at our request (flight to catch).

Three of our party had the super frittatas, served in a skillet with a choice of added ingredients topped with some delicious potatoes. We also had the red velvet waffles which were decadently rich; perfect for the sweet tooth diner and the mushroom toast with fried egg & the chilaquiles navidad which were delicious savory choices. And for the table a side of homemade pina colada doughnuts.

A perfect little parting meal for our family. I was also pleased to discover that they are open Mondays for brunch as well as Saturday & Sundays.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

I had an evening to myself to explore South St part of Philadelphia, the wonderful colonial buildings blend into a more bohemian district with a mix of bars and shops that are both interesting and individual. So blending in well with the district is Supper, a lovely bistro serving excellent food at a good price. The food was imaginative, delightfully prepared and interesting. The ambiance is lively wihout being overbearing and just ould certainly suit couples or small groups very well indeed. An excellent place for a delightful meal in good company, service was excellent, both engaging and efficient.

1  Thank sidslammer
Reviewed November 17, 2012

We decided to go to this restaurant as it was recommended by the slow food movement and we weren't disappointed. As other reviewers have noted the decor is lovely with low mellow lighting and an amazing lighting structure in the centre part of the room. But the knock out was the food. Portions not overwhelmingly large, full of fresh and locally sourced ingredients and not covered in cream. I had the special of the day which was locally caught White fish which was steamed inside a corn husk and covered in a tomato salsa that had White crab meat in it. Really lovely would highly recommend.

1  Thank SJLScrouchend