“Salmon - not Chicken Po' Boy”

Copabanana University City
Ranked #1,465 of 4,342 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: American, Mexican, Grill
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Description: Copabanana University City has become a Penn institution with its genuine campus vibe. With ceiling to floor windows and a sidewalk cafe overlooking the campus scene, the Copa is also a popular destination for the nearby Penn hospital complex and the new state of the art Rave cinema -- only a block away.Open late seven days a week, the Copa serves the same legendary margaritas, gourmet burgers and Spanish fries as its original South Street sister. But you’ll also find food and drink specials geared to a student’s budget. Copa is a true original and a refreshing oasis in a sea of bland corporate chain restaurants. Join your friends at the Copabanana today.
Rockville, Maryland
“Salmon - not Chicken Po' Boy”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2014

My wife really likes the grilled salmon sandwich. This time she got a side order of asparagus, which was perfectly cooked. I had the buffalo chicken po' boy. It was OK but the chicken was breaded and it just felt "heavy". In the past I've had burgers there and I think I'd stick to those.

Visited March 2014

Rockville, Maryland
“Pretty nice find”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2013

We visited this restaurant because it had an interesting variety of selections, very fairly priced, on their menu which we checked before hand. We walked from the Homewood Suites just a few blocks away.

While our dinner hour was late (around 8:30 or 9 PM when we got there), the restaurant was not too busy and we were promptly seated. Strangely enough for a advertised burger joint, my wife ordered a salmon sandwich and it was nicely done, fresh and tasty. Quite a nice surprise! I had a Caribbean burger which came with jerk spices on top with a mango chutney spread on the bun. There was a little too much of that stuff on there so it was dripping sauces like crazy. But, it was very tasty and a nice surprise for me. My daughter enjoyed the Baltimore crab cake sandwich and my son-in-law enjoyed a couple of different beers with his newly added burger (which is not on the online menu but included "Chihuahua" cheese).

We had a nice chat with our server who mentioned how they prepare dishes individually and with no frozen ingredients, all from local sources.

I gave them an average rating but they really fall in the above average category (but I wouldn't go to the "very good" rating). 3 and 1/2 stars. I would definably come back again.

• Visited November 2013
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Great Food and Atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013

Delicious food and friendly service. I ordered the steak fajitas and my boyfriend ordered the shrimp fajitas - both excellent choices. We also ordered the buffalo shrimp as a starter and were impressed by the presentation and quality of the dish.

Great happy hour and drink specials.

• Visited October 2013
florida
“It was just OK”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

At first we were seated and then basically ignored for 10-15 minutes. We had the bison burgers. They were a little overcooked. The sangria was a little light on wine and seemed to have been juiced up--not in a good way, I mean they put fruit juice in it. I would suggest you try some where else as there are lots of choices nearby.

Visited August 2013
Sewell, New Jersey
“Best Margaritas and Burgers in Philly!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

Went with co-workers for lunch. We started out with Margaritas, which we had heard from others were the best in town. We were not disappointed!! One co-worker had a draft beer, from a wide selection of micro-brews and standards. He described what kind of beer he liked, and the server made a recommendation, which he liked a lot. We ordered nachos for starters, which were hot and plentiful and good. We all got different styles of burgers from the menu, and everyone loved their selections. The burgers are made fresh, are big and have an incredible taste.

• Visited July 2013