“Loved it at Honey's”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed March 29, 2013

My husband and I had a great breakfast here with our son who is a student at nearby Temple University. We loved the place. The wait at 10:30 am on a Saturday morning in March was only about 20 minutes. The hostess was very sweet and we had a very attentive waiter. My son got the Breakfast Bomb which looked delicious and a crispy latke. I had eggs Benedict that was cooked to perfection. Honey's easily has the BEST HOME FRIES I have ever tasted! My husband's omelet looked good too. Great coffee and re-filled often. I only wish I had tried the orange juice as I have heard I missed out on a real treat. We easily found free parking on 4th street. Hopefully, we will eat here again when we visit our son. Northern Liberties seems like a pretty hip place too!

Reviewed March 21, 2013

We recently ate dinner there and it was delicious! We arrived early around 5pm and there was no wait.The omlette special of the day had sundried tomato, gaela olives and goat chesse. YIu can choose your side, we chose potatoes and white bread which was really good. The whole wheat pancakes with granola and berries can with hot syrup were really really good.

Can't wait to go back!

Reviewed March 9, 2013

Honey's has the best weekday bargain breakfast this side of anywhere. Best bacon. Incredible (INCREDIBLE) latkes. Very good coffee. These folks know how to fry an egg. Really, just thinking about it makes me wish it were Monday morning in Philadelphia right this instant. I can't really remember everything I've ever eaten here (I usually stick to the eggs with bacon, rye toast and a latke formula, which always works out nicely), but everything I've tried has been stellar. Don't be a slouch on the weekends; if you don't show up relatively early you could end up waiting for the rest of your life for a table.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

LOVED everything about this place...the food was so comforting and delicious and the atmosphere made me feel like I was transported to Carol Brady's kitchen! Would go back in a heartbeat!

Reviewed December 30, 2012

We had dinner at Honey's Sit n' Eat after a day at the Philly Museum of Art. There were no lines and the service was fast and friendly. Had the fish taco's and brisket taco's, washed down with fresh made limeades. Both were good, and worth having again, though neither was as good as brisket in Texas and fish tacos at Singleton's. Fresh limeades were great, but I'm told they are not always available. A neighborhood family type place with good food, service and prices, especially considering its Philly. Not for the punk foody types chasing the next celeb chef. Parking is awful (you may have to park so far away you need a gps to find your car) and given Philly's iffy neighbor crime, we recommend going during daylight hours only.