“Great as always”

Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
“Great as always”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2011

We had not been to Sazon in a long while and happened to be in the neighborhood the other evening and so we stopped. The food was as wonderful as we had remembered. I had perhaps one of the best chicken sandwiches I'd have had in years, it was served with avacado and just sensational. Why we hadn't eaten at Sazon in so long is beyond me, we are taking friends there to dinner again this week and really looking forward to it. Sazon is truly a gem. Be sure to save room for a cup of hot chocolate; it is like none you've had anywhere.

• Visited December 2011

new jersey
“Delicious food, great atmosphere, very reasonable prices”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2011

What else can I say? The food is delicious. I love the ropa vieja and the arepas and the desserts. The prices are very reasonable. And there is plenty of parking nearby.

• Visited October 2011
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Authentic, Excellent Venezuelan Food - something for everyone”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2011

Best Empanadas EVER! I highly recommend the Pabellon, this empanada has YUMMY shredded beef with black beans, cheese and sweet plantains. SO GOOD could have eaten them all but reluctantly shared with my husband. For dinner I ordered the red snapper with garlic, onions & tomatoes and my husband who is a VERY PICKY eater got the Arroz con pollo, which was grilled chicken and white rice, also came with sweet plantains which I immediately pounced on! No room for dessert but I brought the tres leches home. This I have had many times before from Sazon, I would double park & run in to get a tres leches to go. GO EAT HERE!

• Visited May 2011
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“My Favorite BYOB In the City”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2010

I cannot recommend this restaurant enough. The food is amazing. Make sure that you order the plantains - both the sweet and savory. They are amazing.

Although the entrees are all delicious, do yourself a favor and order an arepa. They are traditional Venezuelan sandwiches. You will become addicted.

The staff is very courteous as it is usually the owners who both cook and serve.

Save room at the end of dinner for the amazing chocolates. They are all organic made from ingredients imported from Venezuela. The owner actually visits regularly to procure the best cocoa beans in the country.

PA
“Venezualan food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2010

This is a restaurant that tries very hard. The flavor of the foods is unique and interesting. I loved the beef with brown sugar glaze for the flavor, but it was very tough and I was glad to have a great set of teeth.
The chocolate was quite extraordinary -- not the truffles per se -- but the hot chocolate. Sublime.
The atmosphere was that of a loud and inexpensive bistro and it was hard to have conversation and the service was slow -- but then there is only one very hard working cook!