“I love this place!”

Hinge
Ranked #600 of 4,611 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Reviewed December 21, 2013

The food is really, really good. My only complaint is that it is often too crowded to get a seat without waiting. It is no surprise why. I go for breakfast usually but everything Ive had has been stellar.

Reviewed March 27, 2012

After driving by this restaurant for years, we dicided to go as a group for dinner. I was a little disappointed in the size of the menu. It was quite small. I chose the penne with vodka sauce and added lump crab. My husband got the chicken saltimbucca. There was a lot of sauce on the pasta and it was more like a spicy red sauce than a vodka sauce. The chicken was amazing. Cooked perfectly, served on the bone and very juicy. Everyone else in the group liked their entrees and appetizers very much. Especially the seared tuna. One major problem we had was the length of time between entrees coming out. A few people were done their entrees before the last 3 arrived. We had a large group (13) and so I guess this was just too much for a small kitchen to cope with at once. The deserts seem to be a specialty of this restaurant and every one that came out was delicious. The prices were a little high for a restaurant in Port Richmond. It was prices I'd expect to see in center city. But I love that it was BYOB. And we had an excellent server. I think this is a good restaurant but probably better for smaller groups.

1  Thank DimplesCIR
Reviewed October 6, 2011

The Hinge Cafe is my favorite neighborhood spot for lunch or dinner. I haven't tried breakfast yet, but plan on doing so. The waitstaff are very friendly. I love the cozy atmosphere. It's BYOB. Prices are not too expensive. I feel the quality of the meal is
well worth the price.

Reviewed July 8, 2011

Hinge is our favorite breakfast/lunch/dinner spot. Their menus compliment any taste or preference and the portions are hearty. All of the staff and the owners are beyond friendly. Its just a genuinely great experience with an artistic atmosphere. Kid friendly. They always have specials and delicious soups and salads. The breakfast bruchetta is our favorite. If your in the area definitely give this place a try.

Reviewed July 20, 2009

I went there with three girlfriends for our monthly Friday night dinner and it was fabulous. The menu consists of different, unique choices and you can bring your own bottle of wine which is great. Everything was so fresh and delicious and the staff was accomodating. Our server kept one of our bottles in th fridge while we drank the first bottle which was a nice touch.
The cutest man in the world played the piano and contributed to the cozy, friendly atmosphere. He lives in the neighborhood and everyone loves him!
The menu changes frequently so you know it is fresh.
The desserts were amazing too.
Go there--you won't be disappointed!!!