“Nothing Special - less than expected.”
Review of Spataro's

Spataro's
Ranked #454 of 4,611 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: Soups
Neighborhood: Chinatown
Neighborhood: Chinatown
Reviewed April 12, 2014

Waited in line for 30 minutes at the Reading Terminal Market to get an authentic Philly Cheesesteak. Place was super busy, line went around the corner, but moved quickly. The people manning the booth have got efficiency well in-hand. The guy in front of me (who also waited 30 minutes), didn't read the prominently displayed signs, so he wasn't ready when it was his turn to order. The pleasant clerk walked him through the process without so much as a second glance.

We ordered a Cheesesteak with Provolone and fried onions and two bottels of water. Price tag: $12 plus some change. No place to sit and eat so we took it outside and ate it on the curb. Roll was fresh, but steak was dry. Maybe better with the Wiz.

Reviewed March 13, 2014

Sure there are lots of places to eat in the Reading Terminal Market, but if you want a decent cheesesteak, (wit wiz) than this is the place. Cooked to order in front of you by what looks like just released felons makes this an authentic sandwich. Check it out. Plus they won't humiliate you if you don't "do it right".

1  Thank Lungfruit
Reviewed February 20, 2014

Near the hotel and we wanted cheese steaks but was avg tasting. A bit pricey too but we took them with us along with fries which was probably the best part of the meal

Reviewed February 14, 2014

When I was a student attending Temple University in the early '70's, I would come to Spataro's for their olive and cream cheese sandwich on white bread - for way under a dollar. Now that sandwich costs $5.75. I decided to try one for "old time's sake." I am not sure if it was that my tastes have changed or the fact that the sandwich costs at least 6 times what it did "back in the day", but I do not feel the need for buying another one any time again. They were doing a steady business selling steak sandwiches, but I did not have one of those.

1  Thank luvroma2
Reviewed January 23, 2014

Loved it, not salty, just elegantly wonderul! I still have dreams of going back just to have one because I shared it with my husband and the next day, I had one whole steak sandwich from a different place and it was not as good :(