“Good Indian food!”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Buffet, Takeout
Neighborhood: University City
Reviewed March 8, 2013

Enjoyed dinner buffet while visiting Philly. Food choices were varied and tasty. The nan bread unfortunately was tough and clearly not fresh. We had arrived early for dinner and when nan was replenished later it was fresh and tasty. Nice ambiance. I would suggest some attention be paid to decorating walls, perhaps with Indian tapestries or other Indian art.

There are newer reviews for Sitar India Restaurant

Reviewed January 30, 2013

Although I personally prefer the decor of the local competitor New Delhi restaurant, Sitar India uses the most blend of spices and has the deepest taste. The space is smaller and could be updated. There is a variety of dishes that satisfy everyone's taste. Delicious vegetarian and non-vegetarian dishes. The buffet pricing is comparable to other Indian restaurants in the area, cheap and very reasonable, also for al-a-carte. The dessert is not included in buffet, but should be. The student 15% discount applies here as well. No outdoor seating.

1  Thank star555girl
Reviewed January 13, 2013

Food was fresh and delicious, and the staff were constantly refilling and making sure there was food available. I only tasted the vegetarian dishes and they were all great. It includes mango juice and desert and it was very affordable. I went on a Sunday night and it was a great environment with groups of families, some students, and a few couples. I'm definitively going back and bringing some of my friends!

Reviewed November 30, 2012

I was alone in the city for three nights and when I ask the hotel manager about an Indian take out, he suggested Sitar. It was perfect for me. I am a vegetarian, and felt a bit uncomfortable dining alone late at night, so I was able to purchase the buffet as a take out. Sitar was so nice to supply a separate foil paper for my bread items. They had 5 veggie entrees for me to put in my container and rice and samosa. If you like meat, there was plenty in that area also.
All for 11.99 for dinner.
I really enjoyed my dinner in my room at the Hilton, three blocks away. It was delicious. Next time I'm bringing my husband along because it was the best Indian I have had in quite some time.
I want to thank the staff at Sitar for welcoming me and even though they were very busy...helped me to proceed and feel welcomed.

Reviewed August 23, 2012

One of the best Indian food served. The choice of food was good. Tasted excellent. Will definetly be going back soon.