“Great food. Amazing value and service!”
Review of Modo Mio

Modo Mio
Ranked #234 of 4,611 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 27, 2012 via mobile

We have now been to modo mio twice and it's easily one of our favorite restaurants in Philly- and my husband and I are huge foodies! There's a $35 four course menu and its byob so it's really a great value.
The food is great. Love they gnocchi! And the beef cheek is delicious. Can't go wrong!
Staff is super sincere and friendly - not at all pretentious like you might sometimes find in other fine restaurants.

Reviewed October 26, 2012

We live in NJ and my husband is not big about crossing the bridge for a meal but this is hands down our favorite restaurant. He would go every week if I said yes. The $35 price fix is perfect for a 4 course meal. It is BYOB and cash only and the menu changes fairly regularly. Although the muscles and the lasagna seem to be standard staples and you can't go wrong with either one. This is not your typical american italian restaurant. Sometimes when we look at the menu we think what are we going to order. The servers are excellent at making good recommendations and we have never had a bad meal. I would say we have been eating here almost monthly for the past year. If you have never been this is a must. Keep in mind if you want to eat there on a Friday or Saturday night you may wnat to make reservations a week ro more in advance unless you are willing to eat at 5 or 9.

Keep in mind this restaurant is about the food and not necessarily the atmosphere. The tables are close together and there are hardwood floors so it is a little noisy at times.

Reviewed October 22, 2012 via mobile

We had just returned from a trip to Italy, so maybe my taste buds were expecting something really terrific. We were there for Supo Sunday where you do not order, they just bring out food to your table, family-style. The dishes were all good, but there was nothing that jumped out at us as being terrific. Every meal we had in Italy was Off the charts terrific. Maybe my expectations were a bit unrealistic, but when it comes to Italian food, I consider myself a discerning critic.

Reviewed October 18, 2012

I was in Philadelphia on work with a colleague. The concierge at the hotel where we staying recommended the restaurant. He told us that he lived in the Fairmount section of Philadelphia and that when he wanted to have "Italian", he would go to Modo Mio. While it was a bit of a drive for us, I'm glad we made the trip. We each had the "turista" offering on the menu, which is a four course meal and at $35.00, it is well worth the price. You get to pick an appetizer, a pasta, a main dish and then dessert. We each had something different every course and everything was simply terrific. We were genuinely impressed. We were also served some small samplers, gratis, during the course of our meal, as well as a delicious salad which they served us during our main course. I've been eating in restaurants for a long time and I do not recall ever getting that many free items. Just before dessert arrived, they brought us each a shot of Sambuca, again, on the house. I read that some folks thought the place was noisy, but I guess that depends on the day of the week. We arrived close to 7:00 PM on a Wednesday night. We did not have reservations. At that time, the place was about 25% full. By the time we left, the place was nearly full. The noise level was negligible for me and I never really even gave it a second thought. I've been in some noisy restaurants and this was not one of them - at least on that particular night. The wait staff was terrific, from top to bottom. I could not say enough for them and how attentive they were. Great job folks. I will mention my experience to family and friends in the Philadelphia area and i am sure they will check it out. It was well worth it.

Reviewed August 5, 2012

This restaurant is a touch of Italy in a hip area of Philadelphia. It is BYO but located near one of the best State Stores in Pennsylvania. The food is wonderful. My tiny raviolis stuffed with chicken liver in a balsemic sauce with raisins was delectable. My fish en papier and flowerless chocolate cake were scrumptious. We went for the Pris Fix which was a bargain. My companion needs a gluten free diet and she was thrilled with all their gluten free choices including wonderful bread. She was offered multiple gluten free pastas with most of the sauces. The service was excellent. Loved it.