“A "REAL" South Philly Diner - great food, reasonable prices, large selection and good service.”
Review of Penrose Diner

Penrose Diner
Ranked #93 of 4,370 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: Diner
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: South Philadelphia
Doylestown,PA
Reviewed January 12, 2013

Stopped by several times on the way to the airport. This restaurant is open 24/7. It's clean, has a full menu and service is good. If you're in a rush, ask for the check when your food is served. Great place for coffee and breakfast, early morning. There's plenty of seating, so if the parking lot is full there is likely plenty of room inside. My wife and I enjoyed our time with our daughter before her flight back to NOLA. Enjoyed hearing the South Philly accents.

• Visited January 2013
Bill D, Manager at Penrose Diner, responded to this review, March 3, 2013
Hi,

Thank you very much for your review, I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your food and the service. Glad you liked the South Philly atmosphere, we love it here! Thank you for coming in and we hope to see you again soon.

NJ
“Only diner I go to”
Reviewed November 30, 2012

Always dependable and really the only diner I go to in south Philly. It's really clean and always a friendly environment.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank Ann G
Bill D, Manager at Penrose Diner, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Thank you! This messsage brought a smile to my face; it makes me very happy to hear we are your go-to-diner in South Philly! There are many options in the area, and I'm glad you choose to dine with us!

Wilmington, Delaware
“Great old time diner”
Reviewed November 14, 2012

Friendly, considerate, and efficient staff, good food, large portions, great value for the price. Waitress was very acommodating and had good suggestions.

Visited November 2012
Bill D, Manager at Penrose Diner, responded to this review, November 17, 2012
I'm glad you enjoyed dining with us, and thank you for taking the time to write this review! Hope you will come back and visit again next time you are in the area!

Logan Twp, NJ
“Traditional diner...”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Look up diner in a dictionary and you'll see the Penrose. Diner food and service at it's best in a nice friendly atmosphere. Prices a very good and you get a good portion. It's a South Philly landmark in my opinion. Wife's family lived up 20th St like forever and my wife and I stopped there often. Food is always good and consistant. We liked it 20yrs ago and still do today. Not far from the stadiums, so it's great for pre and post game eating. Go there. You'll be back.

• Visited March 2012
Bill D, Manager at Penrose Diner, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Hi Bob,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review! I'm glad you enjoy dining at Penrose and I thank you for sharing your opinions with others on this site!

Halberstadt, Germany
“Ok place to go to”
Reviewed November 1, 2012 via mobile

Came by there on the way to airport, decided to stop since it wasn't as crowded as othe places around.We were not disappointed. Food was very good, homemade, even had wine to our dinner at no extra charge. My wife loved the London broil, my pork chops were good too and indeed a whole lot. Waiting could have been better though.

Bill D, Manager at Penrose Diner, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Glad you decided to stop in and try us on your visit state-side and also glad you enjoyed your meals!

Thank you for taking the time to write this review!