“Delicious”

Ranked #11 of 4,370 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: American, Pizza, Soups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Manayunk
Description: The Couch Tomato Café is your number one destination in Manayunk for gourmet pizzas & salads, known for its thin-crust NY-style pizza, as well as its large, fresh, & creative salads. Upon opening in 2003, it quickly establishing itself as the area’s leading takeout, delivery, and catering favorite, winning several accolades including “Best Pizza” by Philadelphia Magazine, and “Best Soups”by City Paper, just to name a few. It’s focus on buying local, and specialization in vegetarian, vegan, and gluten-free offerings has helped make The Couch Tomato Cafe’ a popular choice!The Couch Tomato Cafés extensive menu includes:Gourmet Pizzas & CalzonesSpecialty Salads & WrapsSignature Sandwiches & PaninisHomemade Soups.
Philadelphia
“Delicious”
Reviewed October 18, 2011

There are so many options, The Coach Tomato could satisfy any craving. The salads and wraps are fresh and huge. Easily enough for two meals. The pizzas are inventive and delicious.

Overall, worth the stop. Especially if you're looking for a less commitment than a sit-down and more than fast food.

• Visited October 2011

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
“Awesome pizza - best in the area!”
Reviewed October 12, 2011

Not only the tastiest, but also the most affordable, option in the area. Barbecue chicken pizza is amazing - I have it twice a week for lunch. Excellent service as well.

Visited October 2011
Philadelphia
“amazing pizza and salads”
Reviewed September 28, 2011

very good soups and great stuff for lunch
I always go here for lunch and not yet dissapointed

hugz415
“fresh ingredients make their food delicious!”
Reviewed September 26, 2011

I love the couch tomato cafe! I work nearby and I frequently order take out for lunch or head over with my boss for lunch. I believe the reason their food is so good is that the ingredients taste so fresh. There is nothing like ordering a salad that is crisp, and full of tasty ingredients. It makes eating healthy fun! I love that they are always adding new salads and items to their menu - I haven't tried the paninis yet but they sound awesome.

They have a great rewards program for frequent customers - also always send coupons and offers via email. The one thing I can say is that they area tad on the pricey side - so this helps. But I would much rather pay a little more for a delicious salad than get one that tastes terrible with wilted lettuce.

Another good tip - their homemade balsalmic dressing is ridiculously good - you can buy it there to bring home as well!

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Best Crust!”
Reviewed September 25, 2011

We walked past The Couch Tomato Cafe' this summer during the arts festival in Manayunk. They were handing out free samples of a walnut gorgonzola pizza, and my friends and I were so impressed by how good it was. It seems like they have a lot of really creative things on their menu, which we've learned of by going back. About a week ago we stopped in for a quick bite during lunch, and although space is limited, we sat outside and ordered some salads, soup, and a small pizza. Everything was really outstanding. The cook there seems to have a knack of knowing flavor. I can see why they seem to have a constant line out the door. If you're looking for a quick stop for lunch or dinner, and are in the mood for a more-than-average creative type of menu that does pizza, salads, sandwiches, I would highly suggest trying this place out. Although this place is new to us, the cashier told us they’re been around for almost ten years, and they are apparently expanding their seating in a few weeks or months into the upstairs. They also mentioned free parking in the rear?? Wow.
My friends and I cannot wait to go back.