“Amazing Flavors!”
Review of Pumpkin

Pumpkin
Reserve with OpenTable
Pumpkin is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #155 of 4,613 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: City Center West
Cross street: 17th Street
Description: Celebrating our 9th year! Hillary & Ian welcome you to their intimate 26 seat BYOB featuring a daily changing seasonal menu. Our Sunday $40 five course prix fixe menu is available all year long. Awarded 3 bells from Philly Inquirer's food critic Craig Laban!
Reviewed October 28, 2013 via mobile

We came here for our 16th anniversary. We were not disappointed. The place is small and loud with conversation, but the food is an experience. We went all out with appetizers and sides and not a single thing disappointed. Their menu changes often, but if you can, get the chocolate cake! It had a passion fruit sorbet on top, and the tartness combined with the sweet chocolate has ruined me for all other deserts. This is an expensive meal and they only take cash, but I feel it was worth every cent. It is BYOB, so that helps keep the cost down. I highly recommend you don't miss this one if you visit Philly!

Reviewed October 6, 2013

I came for the Sunday night prix fixe, but it was the tail of Restaurant Week, so I got the RW menu -- an even better deal, especially because the chef sent a complimentary bowl of gazpacho. Everything was good, and some of it was excellent. Especial standouts are the gazpacho with pickled watermelon and cucumber sorbet playing off each other; and the fish filet, which was simple without being bland (a problem I've had with some upscale restaurants). The service fell slightly short of excellent when I had to wait a long time for my check and then to get the credit card run, but it was very good: courteous, friendly, but never overbearing or trying to push me to buy more, though I was a party of 1 and not a big check. Highly recommended.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

the food was great, tongue as entre was ok but nothing out of this world... but the main courses!! the fish was perfect, and the meat with patatoes and onions was heavenly!, the meat was as we wanted... they do not accept credit card, but on the other hand you can BYOB, so at the end is not that expensive as if you had to buy wine... totally recommend it!

Reviewed August 24, 2013

OMG!.. What a find!
Absolutely wonderful food: fresh, creative, delicious, beautifully presented and well portioned.. Whatever we've tried was pure perfection.
The service was very nice, efficient, professional.
The ambiance is rustic/elegant and cozy.
The value is outstanding for what you get (particularly with 1000p from opentable).
We were very impressed with this little BYOB and definitely will be back any chance we get. Highly recommend to everyone.

Reviewed August 24, 2013

While visiting Philadelphia this week, local friends who really know fine food took us to dinner at Pumpkin and the meal we enjoyed together in this small charming restaurant was simply marvelous. We are told you have to reserve a month ahead to get a table and after dining here, we can see why. The caliber of the food is very high. The beet soup with crème fraiche and delicate vegetable garnish was among the best soups I have ever tasted. My sirloin arrived sliced to reveal perfect medium rare preparation as ordered, and dollops of delicious sauces made all the difference; the dish was superb. The four of us shared the three deserts on the menu, all wonderful, especially the butterscotch pudding with streusel. Yum! The service here was very good and BYOB added to the experience with special wines in tow. Even the French press decaf coffee was especially delicious, obviously chosen and readied with care. Very enjoyable indeed.