“Great food. Great vegan options”
Review of Farmicia

Farmicia
Reserve with OpenTable
Farmicia is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #44 of 4,351 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: American, Healthy
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: City Center East
Cross street: Betwee Market & Chestnut
Description: FARMiCiA is the conception of Kevin Klause, James Barrett & Wendy Smith Born (owners of Metropolitan Bakery), who share a vision of a restaurant that captures the pleasures of simply crafted food & excellent beverages served in a relaxed yet lively environment. The emphasis is on great tasting food & beverages crafted from local, organic & artisanal producers. Located in Philadelphia’s historic Old City, FARMiCiA is a 122-seat restaurant & bar serving breakfast, lunch, an afternoon meal, a relaxed dinner & even brunch on the weekends. While FARMiCiA boasts a full bar, guests are also allowed to BYO Wine to pair with our farm fresh fare.
Garden City, New York
“Great food. Great vegan options”
Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

The food was very good and priced very reasonably. Thr atmosphere was casual and comfortable. The service was excellent. It frlt like we just ordered and the food was being served. Saturday they serve brunch till 3pm. I had the hummus and artichoke pesto sandwich and it was delicious. My husband had the "brunch sandwich" which he thoriughly enjoyed. The bacon was exceptional and not fatty. Great vegan options!!!

Scranton, Pennsylvania
“Great Evening, Great Dinner”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

We recently moved to PA and this was our first excursion to Philly. It also happened to be our anniversary weekend. There seem to be a lot of farm to table type restaurants in the area...many seem to have quite a high end flavor and very few tables making it hard to go there on the fly. Farmicia had plenty of space, a great menu, and a wonderful atmosphere. It was not touristy and we enjoyed our meal a lot. Definitely worth a trip!

Doylestown, Pennsylvania
“Good eggs benny”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

I stopped in for lunch as a solo traveller after being recommended to it by DeTours Segway tours and was quite happy to sit and eat at the bar. I ordered their Eggs Benedict with bacon, which was done really well. I ordered their home made lemonade, but this was spoiled by the American obsession of filling your glass with ice thus leaving very little room for any actual beverage. The place seemed very popular each time I walked past it and while I was in there. It was priced about the same as most restaurants.

• Visited August 2013
New Jersey
“A good place to call home”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

This could be in Boston or Downtown NYC, or London. It has lots of charm and atmosphere. The staff is remarkable. They seem to like working there. If you are lucky, find the waiter with both arms tattooed. He is a walking art exhibit. When asked he said the name of the restaurant means" the farmers are here." He said that the menu is based on the chefs finds of fresh produce that day. There is no ethnic direction, it is just availability and the global mind of the Chef . The food is beautifully presented. There was a fresh green apple as table decor. With much on the menu to choose from as we sat, not prearranged, I was amazed at the speed and quality that the food was served. If I lived in the neighborhood I would eat in or order out at least one meal everyday. And on an off day just go for coffee, read or wave at the ducks as they regularly pass. This venue did not appear to be handicap friendly. It is family and date appropriate. I would take a business lunch but not do a meeting unless reservations made for a quiet area. Birthday party, wedding dinner thumbs up.

Libertyville, Illinois
“Excellent service! Imaginative Menu.”
Reviewed July 27, 2013

Farmacia enjoys a great location in between Penn's Landing and Independence Hall, has a modern and fun décor, serves outside as well as in, and provides great service. Someone gave us water as we sat down, the waitress took our drink orders, another on the wait staff came around with an assortment of breads that were baked by the Metropolitan Bakery(same ownership), and we were checked on twice that all was well.
My husband had the St. Peter's fish that was tender and tasty. I, not so hungry, ordered the cheese assortment appetizer with chutney, and we thought it was fabulous. The chutney was a complex blend of flavors that were out of this world, and the cheese selection was inspired. I topped that off with the melon gazpacho, which I adored.