“Farmicia Was Great!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Farmicia

Farmicia
Reserve with OpenTable
Farmicia is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #49 of 4,342 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: American, Healthy
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: City Center East
Cross street: Betwee Market & Chestnut
Description: FARMiCiA is the conception of Kevin Klause, James Barrett & Wendy Smith Born (owners of Metropolitan Bakery), who share a vision of a restaurant that captures the pleasures of simply crafted food & excellent beverages served in a relaxed yet lively environment. The emphasis is on great tasting food & beverages crafted from local, organic & artisanal producers. Located in Philadelphia’s historic Old City, FARMiCiA is a 122-seat restaurant & bar serving breakfast, lunch, an afternoon meal, a relaxed dinner & even brunch on the weekends. While FARMiCiA boasts a full bar, guests are also allowed to BYO Wine to pair with our farm fresh fare.
Wilmington, Delaware
“Farmicia Was Great!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

I wasn't sure what to expect when I picked this restaurant from a web site, but I thoroughly enjoyed it! They have a farm-to-table premise which leads you to believe everything is very fresh, and it certainly was. You can mix and match on the menu with no problem - the waitress we had was outstanding.

They also have BYOB, which is nice for folks that live nearby and visit. I was coming in from out of town, so toting a wine bottle around the city wasn't an option for me, but I certainly would have brought a bottle if was in walking distance.

Many, Louisiana
“Nice Brunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

Three of us ate here for Sunday brunch. Two of us had the brunch sandwich and it was really good; my husband had the omelet and he said it was good but not the best he's ever had. We were seated inside and the music was blaring. My husband asked our server if it could be turned down and he took care of it immediately. The concierge recommended Farmacia and it was a nice filling meal before we did the mural walking tour.

Hewlett, New York
“Tasty and delicious”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013

Had a wonderful meal.here. We particularly enjoyed the beet salad and vegetarian options. The service was a little too friendly. Our waiter came back 7 times (I am not exaggerating) to ask how we were enjoying our meal.

Cherry Hill, New Jersey
“In Olde City, try Farmacia for Good, fresh Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013

Having not been to Farmacia in a while, I decided to go there with a friend. The restaurant prides itself on farm-towable food, freshly and well-prepared, and Farmacia delivered as advertised. The menu includes a nice variety of reasonably -priced wines, by the glass, or bottle, as well as some interesting specialty drinks. I had a well-prepared London Broil, with tasty scalloped potatoes and fresh, delicious green beans. My companion had St. Peter's fish, which was perfectly cooked. We finished off with some fruit desserts, mine a blueberry cobbler with homemade ice cream, which made a delicious combination. I don't think I'll wait too long to return.

Baltimore, Maryland
“Sounds really good, but the food is really poor.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

While service at this place was good, if inexperienced, the food reminded me of my high school cafeteria on a bad day. The menu sounds really interesting, but the actual items are not. The mashed sweet potatoes were watery and flavorless, the rabe was stringy, tough and again tasteless. I almost spit it out it was so bad. The pork chop was dry, and once again without any flavor, even the sauce was boring.

The "vietnamese style" squid was cooked properly, but the dipping sauce tasted like ketchup with hot sauce added.

It is a very casual place, so much so that the patrons seated next to us removed their shoes, and we had to look at dirty feet while we ate which did not help much.

Entree prices were medium high, I expected much more than this sad experience.

• Visited May 2013