“Good food and outstanding service”
Review of Farmicia

Farmicia
Reserve with OpenTable
Farmicia is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #45 of 4,488 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: Italian, Healthy
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: City Center East
Cross street: Betwee Market & Chestnut
Description: FARMiCiA is the conception of Kevin Klause, James Barrett & Wendy Smith Born (owners of Metropolitan Bakery), who share a vision of a restaurant that captures the pleasures of simply crafted food & excellent beverages served in a relaxed yet lively environment. The emphasis is on great tasting food & beverages crafted from local, organic & artisanal producers. Located in Philadelphia’s historic Old City, FARMiCiA is a 122-seat restaurant & bar serving breakfast, lunch, an afternoon meal, a relaxed dinner & even brunch on the weekends. While FARMiCiA boasts a full bar, guests are also allowed to BYO Wine to pair with our farm fresh fare.
Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

Went for dinner there, really good food and very nice service.
You can bring your own wine.
The bread is also very good.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

We sat at the bar and had wonderful service, wonderful conversation with other patrons and great food. Had the egg sandwich and it was superb! We had the trio spreads and all were delicious and the pita bread was warm and yummy! Very nice staff, very friendly.

Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

I have been here at least 6 times, most recently with friends for restaurant week lunch. I have also been here for brunch and dinner. The food is always fresh and delicious. There are great choices for vegan and gluten-free diners. They have a full bar with great drinks, but you can still BYOB. Service is always attentive and never annoying. Love this place!!

Reviewed January 21, 2013

My husband and I went here for brunch and it was delicious! The organic coffee was spot on and I loved people watching while sitting at the window table taking slow slips. I never felt rushed to leave although they were busy.

The restaurant itself is rustic, warm, and cozy.

My husband had the mexican omelet with chorizo and loved it. I had the buttermilk pancakes with a side of bacon and grits. Delicious as well. The fresh squeezed orange juice was spectacular! o.m.g.

Highly recommend!!

Reviewed December 31, 2012

I LOVE Farmacia. When meeting friends in the city, I always suggest Farmacia first. It hasn't disappointed me yet. I love their menu. The food is fresh and I always feel like I'm eating something that's good for me! They have some seriously amazing drinks that I've never seen anywhere else in the city. The wait staff is always knowledgeable, friendly, helpful and the service is always on point. I went very late one Friday night with an entourage of family (16 ppl - with a res, of course) and the food and service was top notch. Love going here!