“A RESTAURANT GEM”
Review of Farmicia

Farmicia
Reserve with OpenTable
Farmicia is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #49 of 4,445 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: Italian, Healthy
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: City Center East
Cross street: Betwee Market & Chestnut
Description: FARMiCiA is the conception of Kevin Klause, James Barrett & Wendy Smith Born (owners of Metropolitan Bakery), who share a vision of a restaurant that captures the pleasures of simply crafted food & excellent beverages served in a relaxed yet lively environment. The emphasis is on great tasting food & beverages crafted from local, organic & artisanal producers. Located in Philadelphia’s historic Old City, FARMiCiA is a 122-seat restaurant & bar serving breakfast, lunch, an afternoon meal, a relaxed dinner & even brunch on the weekends. While FARMiCiA boasts a full bar, guests are also allowed to BYO Wine to pair with our farm fresh fare.
Reviewed December 18, 2012

In Olde City a place where you can have a great meal. Plus BYO as well as catering to vegetarians. Cannot find anything negative- just a great meal with friendly sevice

Reviewed December 15, 2012

Farmacia has great food and excellent service in a very nice setting. The menu offers a wide variety of entrees that are very unique and flavorful. We went for a late lunch and they were still serving breakfast items as well as a variety of appetizers and sandwiches. Excellent coffee as well. I will definitely be back!

Reviewed December 4, 2012

Very comfortable and well decorated space. Tables weren't too close and we were allowed to linger on a Friday night. We are vegan so I didn't study the menu. We relied on our server and ordered a vegan version of the tamales, which were a little spicy, but stopped short of being too hot.

Reviewed November 26, 2012

On a recent visit to this restaurant with family, I ordered rabbit "medium rare." While it showed evidence of having been under the grill, all but the top was simply raw. As I enjoy steak tartare, I decided to eat it anyway to see if the taste grew on me. It did not. (Fortunately, however, no pathogens grew inside me.) Others in my party enjoyed their meals. I should have sent mine back.

Reviewed November 19, 2012

We had brunch here after the Philadelphia Marathon. Our reservations were at 10:45 am; we were a little late because of the traffic, but the staff was very accommodating. We enjoyed the happy hour (mimosa & bloody mary) and our children enjoyed the hot chocolate and orange juice. The place became louder and more crowded soon after we got there (all tables filled) - which was great as I think our kids became the quietest ones! We started with the cheese plate which was delicious & brought out quickly. We didn't see other kids, but they had a kids menu & were able to adjust their brunch menu for kid-sized pancakes. (Our children ate every bite). My husband had a delicious crab omelette and I had the chicken enchiladas. My only criticism would be that the enchiladas contained dark meat - but I never asked to clarify. (If you like dark meat, it was otherwise delicious!). Staff was extremely friendly. Recommend this place!