“Good Food, service fair”
Review of Gigi - CLOSED

Neighborhood: City Center East
Cross street: 3rd
Transit: 4th & Market as well as 3rd and Market
Reviewed August 24, 2012

Our Group ordered the Scallops, Tuna, and Crab Cake entrees. The food was very good, but the wait was 30-45 minutes in an empty restaurant/bar. Waitress was friendy, but not too sharp. She didn't come back to the table after we got our food. Price

Reviewed August 5, 2012

Went for lunch while waiting for our time to enter Independence Hall, since its a short hop down the block. The wait staff was very friendly, and promoted their meal discount for guests staying at local hotels. The menu has a large selection of items, and our sandwiches were very good. From the looks of everyone around us finishing their meals, the other selections must have been good also. Service at times was a tad slow, and it did seem that it took a long time for us to get our meal, so plan accordingly. The price was about what you would expect for a downtown location, and the size of the sandwiches would lend to sharing if you wanted to trim your costs. And by-the-way, that mentioned discount, did'nt show up on our tab, but we needed to go, and I was'nt sure of the next time our waitress was scheduled to stop by our table.

Reviewed August 4, 2012

For certain day of the week. They have 2 for 1 pizza (1 pizza normally costs between 15-19 without additional chic/shrimp). They supposedly make their own pizzas too. They also have $0.5 wings. The pizza was good. It wasn't too busy there during a weekday. Service and food was not the fastest but was good. Bob, the waiter, checked on us multiple times before the food came (I think partial reason the food took longer than it should, but the waiter wouldn't have to check on us multiple times. I know plenty of restaurants who wouldn't)

Reviewed July 23, 2012

We stopped here by pure chance upon first arriving in the city, hungry and with two young kids as it was one of the first places we passed with a children's menu. I'm so sorry we didn't keep walking. My husband and I ordered the Philly cheesesteaks, my son ordered the chicken fingers, and my daughter ordered the pizza. The cheesesteaks were tasteless - dry and with gristle, practically cheeseless and devoid of peppers and onions. My son hated and refused to eat his chicken fingers (VERY unusual for him) and my daughter's pizza tasted like something out of a freezer box. Their soda drink options were very limited. So we spent about $60 for a family of four and barely tolerated the food. The second star is because the waitress was very good and very sweet, and it was pleasant sitting by the open window and people watching.

Reviewed July 17, 2012

Crabcakes were good but not lump crab. Salads good also but calamari was very average.Service was really good, must have changed since all the negative comments were placed here. Open air dining was its best feature and the bar looked comfortable.