“A Great Night Out in Philly”

Devil’s Alley Bar & Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
Devil’s Alley Bar & Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #326 of 4,428 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: City Center West
Cross street: 19th & Chestnut
Transit: Devil's Alley is just a short walk from City Hall subway stop, as well as Suburban train station.
Reviewed June 28, 2013

A group of us were visiting for Philadelphia Beer Week. Devil's Alley was featuring a 3 course dinner for $35 as part of Beer Week. It was delicious food and a good value. The appetizer, entree and dessert were prepared using different beers and came with a serving of that beer. There were 3 choices within each course and everyone was delighted with what they ordered. The chef had several creative menu options that were well prepared. The only negative on the evening was the noise level-it was VERY loud. The enthusiastic and helpful wait staff needed to have hearing protectionWe had trouble talking to each other but it was a fun place in Center City Philadelphia on a Friday night. What do you expect?

There are newer reviews for Devil’s Alley Bar & Grille

Reviewed June 22, 2013

Even though we couldn't find the menu online we decided to take a chance and try this restaurant based on the reviews we read. We were not disappointed. We had a very knowledgeable server who walked us through the menu, including the beer list. We enjoyed their wings as an appetizer and a brisket and vegetarian sandwich for dinner. My kids ordered off the kids menu. The restaurant is open to the outside and has a nice feel to it. Over all, we all enjoyed our meal.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

Try the buffalo chicken sandwich and macaroni and cheese. Was a great place to watch a game and at reasonable prices.

1  Thank PittsburghBounce
Reviewed March 31, 2013

We were looking for a restaurant near our hotel (Palomar) and my friend had read about this place before. When we went, it was fairly empty. There was no menu that I could see on the window, however we had seen the menu already online.

The restaurant was quite cold, with the temperature fairly low outside and big fans running inside. We did ask if it could be warmer but they couldn't do anything.

I had the chicken and ribs. It was just amazing! I was so disappointed not to finish as it was some of the tastiest food I have had all year. I chose the sides of mac and cheese and beans. They were both amazing too. My friend had brisket and also loved it, particularly the mash that went with it.

I would recommend this place to everyone who likes BBQ food, it is truly delicious!

Reviewed March 13, 2013 via mobile

Every time I visit Philly I make a trip to Devils Ally and it never disappoints. I look forward to this place more than I look forward to cheese steaks! Try the Devil Burger.. i think thats what its called.