“Nice but noisy”
Review of Johnny Brenda's

Johnny Brenda's
Ranked #533 of 5,247 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: American, Bar
Description: Live Music. Local Beer. Fresh Food. Fishtown, Philadelphia. Open 7 Days a week -- 11AM to 2AM Come visit us!
Reviewed June 2, 2017

Good beer selections. The catfish sandwich was good. On a busy street so pretty loud both inside and outside seating.

Reviewed May 24, 2017

Went on a Tuesday evening, late. Had a great time. Cocktails are original and fun - try the beet root vodka drinks. Food is good too (burger, chicken burger, fries) and the bartender was especially friendly. Low key vibe with good food and drinks.

1  Thank CamilleS797
Reviewed May 17, 2017

I was in Philly for 6 nights, staying in an AirBnB in Fishtown. Johnny Brenda's was at the end of the street I was staying on, so it was convenient for a burger, or so I thought. I went in on a Thursday night, and it was somewhat crowded. I got a table in the very back, right under the chalkboard with the specials on it. I noticed that they had a Venison special. I hardly expect a corner bar to have decent food, but I thought I would try it. The chef has a Venison Masterpiece! The plate had Kim chi pancake, with the venison on top of it, and a sesame-apple slaw on top of that. It was the best venison dish I have ever had, for $15! The service was excellent and the food was excellent. It was so good that I found myself back there on another night having it again!

Reviewed March 5, 2017

Sat outside as it was 70 degrees and beautiful. I had the salmon dish which was the perfect size for a late lunch and a really delicious ginger cider beer. The inside seemed like it turns into a fun atmosphere for drinks later on.

Date of visit: February 2017
Reviewed February 22, 2017

We began our first trip to Philadelphia with Brunch at Johnny Brenda's in the up-and-coming "Fishtown" section. The place may look like a typical bar from the outside. But they had excellent service, helpful staff, very good attention to detail with cocktails, a live DJ and excellent food. I recommend the smoked salmon hash entree for brunch. The smoked salmon tasted freshly caught and smoked and not overly salty as it can often be. And If you have questions about the area or what to see in Philly, the staff is friendly and willing to help. The live DJ played loungy, somewhat mello but eclectic music and at no point did it feel like a loud, rowdy bar. The French 75 cocktail was exquisite and it was clear that the bartender not only knew what he/she was doing but that the establishment takes pride in serving carefully crafted cocktails. In fact, their version of this drink was our benchmark for the rest of the weekend---and no one else measured up to them. If you're looking for a great brunch place in a hip, edgy part of town this is your place.

Date of visit: February 2017