“Great Ambiance and a good cup-o'-joe - a very basic review.” 4 of 5 bubbles

Higher Grounds
Ranked #75 of 166 Coffee & Tea in Philadelphia
Cuisines: Cafe
Yardley, Pennsylvania
“Great Ambiance and a good cup-o'-joe - a very basic review.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2012

Went here earlier in the day on a Sunday - had a good amount of people in there but I feel it would have been jam-packed if Hurricane Sandy wasn't making an appearance later in the evening.

A cousin of mine and I needed to get out and I needed a place to read. We both got coffee and since we sat in house, we got it in a mug. It was a pleasant cup of coffee, with cream and sugar also easily available.

The playlist they had was great - soothing for the rainy Sunday with acoustic mixes and indie records. They did have one song that was very heavy metal and I would say made everyone in the back area of the shop jump a baby bit.

I know coffee-shops are known for their eclectic & "hipster" vibe - but I absolutely love the vibe Higher Grounds has - and the decor is fantastic with their choice of furniture and art, even the wall color choices. I wish I had gotten a picture of the couches I sat in, they were absolutely beautiful.

I am out of college now - but if you are a college student, this place is great to study with another or with a group. Plenty of reachable outlets, good amount of lighting and space.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Washington, DC
“Good Coffee, Tasty Oatmeal, Cool & Interesting Setting.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2011

I visited Higher Ground solo after my husband recommended it to me as a good breakfast place.
I got an iced latte and a bowl of oatmeal with brown sugar. The iced latte was great, and the oatmeal was AMAZING. I had no idea that oatmeal (yes, typically boring oats) could taste so good.
This coffee shop is a little hole in the wall - it's small-ish, cute, interestingly decorated, with a very relaxed feel. The gentleman working was friendly and helpful.
The menu isn't too extensive, but there is a good amount of food and drink options. This is not only a coffee/breakfast place, but there are also lunch options.

I'd recommend this place as a relaxing and delicious breakfast stop.

• Visited July 2011
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“best thing next to whole...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2008

best thing next to whole foods cafe!

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook