“Love the cheeses...”

Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Neighborhood: City Center West
Reviewed July 24, 2014

I had gone to the Di Bruno Bros location in the Italian Market a few times. Loved it there, every Clerk is wonderful, all welcome and invite you to try new cheeses. For the first time last week I stopped by the one on Chestnut Street. Huge, lots more stuff---deli, bakery, fresh fruit and vegetable. Yes, some things are over-priced, but that does not stop me from shopping there. I love the wonderful Customer Service. I love the quality of the foods. I am a huge fan of this place.
Although the Chestnut store is larger and has more, I still prefer the smaller on in the Italian Market--it has character.

Reviewed June 18, 2014

Attended a wedding rehearsal dinner here and was the food good --yes sir. Very nice place -upstairs for such an event. Downstairs deli/restaurant looked super also.

1  Thank Bob D
Reviewed May 29, 2014

Amazing gourmet grocery in the heart of the city with true Philly flavor. They sample most products and the staff is super friendly and knowledgeable. The upstairs has prepared food, seating, and free WiFi.

Reviewed May 21, 2014

I imagine if I lived in Philadelphia, I'd head over to this high-end Italian grocer/cafe/deli often. It happened to make for the perfect quick breakfast, but there are so many possibilities with the cheeses, meats, breads, pastries and other top notch, often imported, selections for any meal. It's the fancier, larger outpost of an original store in the Italian market, as far as I can tell. For lower prices, there are other grocers down in that part of town, but they made a smart move expanding to the Rittenhouse Square area.

Reviewed March 29, 2014

We came for lunch and some take-home treats, but were disappointed that much of the food was the same we can get at a better food market, but at higher prices. First the lunch, a muffuletta sandwich that was not overly stuffed, but made with good quality ingredients and excellent bread. So far, so good. But when we went downstairs to look for some special olives, the selection was underwhelming. We love cheese, and I know there are lots of outstanding ones here if you're willing to pay $25 or more a pound. But a lot of others were the same thing we can get at Wegmans, but at $3 a pound more. There's a lot of luscious looking prepared food, too, but at these prices I'd rather buy good ingredients and make my own.

1  Thank LikeLivingThere