“Meh.”

Cuisines: Thai
Neighborhood: City Center East
Neighborhood: City Center East
Reviewed November 22, 2011

I do like their lunch specials and their service is usually decent. I know you shouldn't hold it against a place for having a long wait, especially when there are people who have eaten but still won't freaking leave - but I once I'm seated I expect the servers to be prompt and that doesn't always happen here. Their Pad Thai is great, but make sure you specify how spicy you want things and that you mean it. Whenever I ask for a '9' they ask if I'm sure, then give me the gringo version anyways.

Reviewed October 14, 2011

This tiny little gem of a restaurant, on a quiet end of the busy South St., offers hands-down the most authentic and delicious Thai food in Philadelphia. We love Thai cuisine, and have tried so many restaurants across center city Philadelphia, but none measures up to this one. It is small, and simple: the decor includes the usual pictures of Thai royalty, small Buddha statues, etc. It is also a BYOB, so you have to remember to bring your own beer/wine, which regulars know to do. One can also or pick up something from a Wine Store around the corner, 3 minutes away. But the FOOD is simply terrific: fresh ingredients, flavorful curries (my favourite is the red curry, but the panang curry is great too), and stir fried noodles that are so delicious you'll want to roder two! I recommend the Pad Kee Mao: yum. Bon appetit. A tip: there are often parking spots right in front, so try that before you look elsewhere.

1  Thank mumbaimaven
Reviewed October 13, 2011

Was wonderfully surprised at how good the food was here. I started with a salad, som tom, perfectly fresh, crisp, and delicious. My husband's soup was very good.

We shared Pad Kra Prao stir-fry with thai basil, garlic, and red chiles and the Ginger Love Salmon. I don't know which was better. It was so good that after dinner, we ordered up the same meal, only to go, so we could share it with friends the next day (we are out of towners).

Staff was helpful with their suggestions. The only problem is the lack of a beer and wine license. The regulars know to bring their own.

1  Thank jeabrs
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed July 4, 2009

Just discovered this restaurant--delicious Thai food, with spicing adjusted to taste and plenty of vegetarian options. The taro appetizer was fabulous!

1  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 18, 2008

Eh. Philly has great Vietnamese and Malaysian food. Nothing stellar in the Thai department.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook