“overly done”

Neighborhood: Fairmount Park
pennsylvania
“overly done”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2008

Dinner for 4. Food was delivered cold and side dish( onion rings) were soggy and not hot. The staff did listen to us and took care of this. Only problem was the excessive appologies from numerous staff. For the price of a meal at this restaurant I can only say they are oevrly priced and overly pretentious for the quality of service and food.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“I had lunch there on Near Years Eve day. One might argue that this is not the best day to go.... but it is the day I...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2008

I had lunch there on Near Years Eve day. One might argue that this is not the best day to go.... but it is the day I went. The place was nearly empty. They were having a New Years party that night, and therefore (understandably) a limited lunch menu. The party seemed to be a big distraction as the lunch service was average-to-poor. We were seated just under the stairway at the front entrace, a bit of a cramped & claustrophobic location, despite the rest of the place being empty. The food itself (I had a grilled salmon) was very good, but not exeptional. With all the hype this place has been getting, it just did not live up to my expectations.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Chicago
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“bad experience”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2008

I had a 9pm reservation on a sat night but was not seated until 10:15. One would think that is a good sign for a restaurant, but for Rae it is not. While sitting at the bar, I observed at least 3 tables that remained un-bussed for more than 35 min. Also, there were at least 7 tables unoccupied but apparently there were no servers for the tables. Lined up at the bar were at least 20 unhappy people that could not get seated. I saw a group of 4 leave after waiting 1.5 hour for a table (and they had reservations!). The staff was relatively unapologetic. Once we were seated, it still took a waiter 15min to make it to our table. By this point, the valentines dinner I had planned for my wife was ruined! We decided to leave since there was no way we could enjoy the food, regardless of the quality. The bottom line: GET RESERVATIONS AT A MORE DEPENDABLE RESTAURANT, OR THIS MAY HAPPEN TO YOU!
by the way, Have been there before and food is ok but there are much better places for less money. Wines by the glass are also overpriced: A low end Australian cabernet for $15/glass, a low end shiraz for $12, and a low end oregon pinot noir for $18 (the same price that you can get the bottle for in a store).

1 Thank allsaintChicago
Bucks County PA
“Congratulations on the cover Photo of Philly Mags Best 50 Restaurants”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2008

Had a nice B Day dinner last night at Rae. Food was imaginative, tasty & the service was friendly & attentive. The second floor dining area overlooks the trains coming & going from 30th st station, so it's fun to watch all the activity from a serene perch! BTW, the second floor is way better for intimacy than the single scene in the bar area.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“I actually have heard nothing but terrible stories from this place.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2008

I actually have heard nothing but terrible stories from this place.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook