“Not sure what all the fuss is about”
Review of Day By Day

Day By Day
Ranked #407 of 4,611 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighborhood: City Center West
Reviewed April 4, 2012

Everyone told me Day by Day is supposed to be great and the lines on the weekends seemingly attested to that. I finally went with my mom since we were meeting early on Saturday for brunch and there were no lines. I really didn't think it was very good. The place had zero atmosphere and the carpeting seemed out of place. The food was nothing to write home about. My potatoes were cold and the omelette I ordered, even though it had a lot of ingredients in it, tasted pretty bland. I wouldn't say the service was great either (more inattentive than bad though). There are so many great brunch places nearby, I would skip day by day in the future.

2  Thank Mec224

Reviewed February 20, 2012

We had an excellent brunch Sunday at Day by Day. Everything on the menu looked great and everything we ate was really very, very good (especially the chorizo/sweet potato mash).

We ordered a pastry basket to start. The owner's daughter is the pastry chef, and each item was phenomenal - she definitely knows her stuff.

Reviewed November 15, 2011

A really delicious meal, with all sorts of unusal choices on the menu, including the most amazing pumpkin French toast. We went on a Sunday for brunch - it's a good idea to get there early, as it's very popular. We had a wait of about 20 minutes, but once we were seated we got served very quickly, and didn't have to wait long for our food. Just as well, a we had a plane to catch! Prices weren't cheap, but reasonable.

Reviewed August 2, 2011

Four of us went for brunch on a Sunday. The menu choices are different, creative and excellent!! They go way beyond your traditional boring brunch choices. We brought a bottle of champagne with us to celebrate a birthday, and happily drank mimosas while commenting on the delicious food. Don't miss it!

Reviewed July 22, 2009

the food is absolutely to DIE for! i had the stuffed french toast and i'm still dreaming about it a month later! my husband had the feta/spinach omelet and it was heavenly. the restaurant is simple, no fancy tables/decor. the staff were very nice, but the food took about 30 minutes, which is quite a bit for a brunch.