“Consistently good food and service”
Review of LaScala's

LaScala's
Reserve with OpenTable
LaScala's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #132 of 4,611 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: City Center East
Cross street: 7th & Chestnut Streets
Description: LaScala’s, located in the heart of Historical Philadelphia, creates a cozy casual ambiance in which to enjoy fine Italian-American Home-style cuisine. Exposed brick & floor to ceiling windows give an Old World Italian feel. Al fresco dining at the sidewalk cafe is also offered. Just a few of the Chef’s famous recipes include Homemade Ravioli & Gnocchi,Hand Tossed Pizza's, Seafood FraDiavlo, Hanger Steak Philly Style & Pappardelle and Sausage Bolognese. The vast menu also includes appetizers, Sides, soup, salads,steaks, & seafood. A full bar & extensive wine list are available to complement your meal. Finish off your lunch or dining experience with one of the homemade desserts. LaScala’s is sure to become one of your favorites.
Reviewed February 21, 2013

I have eaten here several times when going to the Walnut St. Theater. The food and specials are very good and well prepared. We enjoy the baked eggplant appetizer and all of the pastas are excellent. We indulged on our last visit and shared passion fruit cheesecake for dessert - it was very good and the plate was beautifully decorated with fresh fruit. There is an assortment of reasonable house wines. Parking is free behind the restaurant off 7th. There is also $6 after 4PM parking farther up 7th toward Market if that lot is full. Service was prompt and friendly and attentive enough. I hate being asked too often if everything is okay.

Reviewed January 25, 2013

This is my kind of place. Great Italian restaurant where you can understand the menu the first time you read it. The food is simple but excellent, the service is very good, and there's a warm down-home Italian Philadelphia family feeling with reproductions of old photos on every wall. I visited with a group of friends for a birthday dinner on a Friday night, and it was busy but not too busy. (We had a later reservation.) Even something as simple as a lit candle in the bathroom and in the vestibule added to the comfortable atmosphere. I would return here anytime.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

Not sure why others experience poor service. We stopped in while just walking around Philadelphia and the service and food were both very good. One in our party had a seafood alfredo pasta dish, stromboli and an anti-pasta type salad. All very good and we all agreed would order again.

Reviewed January 13, 2013

I had an alfredo pasta dish with chicken, mushrooms, and artichokes. It was magnificent and I am a very pick alfredo sauce person. My friend had a pasta dish with sausage and marinara and she said it was delicious. Both dishes were approx $20.
For dessert I had their ice cream dish which had little brownie bites and was drizzled with Frangelica liquor. OMGosh!!! The Frangelica on ice cream was a brilliant idea!!
The atmosphere was very nice. We were there for dinner and the lights were dimmed. We sat at a table and could see people walking by on the sidewalk.
The service was great. Hopefully your waitstaff will be as well!
There is a parking garage just down the street that was $6 to park. I can't remember if the garage was on Chestnut. You might want to call to make sure if you are interested in that garage.

Reviewed January 4, 2013

Named after the Milano opera house, the space is okay. The food is definetly Italian and unremarkable in taste except for the expensive chocholate cake. The best I've ever had !!!!!! At $12 a slice there is enough for two meals. It might even be considered a meal within itself. The service is so so and the prices are a little high but I would definetly go back for the cake !!!!