“Positano Coast Restaurant”
Review of Positano Coast

Positano Coast
Reserve with OpenTable
Positano Coast is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #66 of 4,459 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: City Center East
Cross street: 2nd Street
Description: Why settle for an ordinary atmosphere when you can have an extraordinary one? Enjoy the beauty of the Amalfi Coast in Italy right in Old City. From the cobalt blue floor, to the spectacular life-sized postcards to the inspired menu, when you step into Positano Coast, you will need to catch your breath. We welcome guests to savor a menu full of delicious selections, including the freshest fish & seafood, the must have "Crudo" (the Italian version of sashimi) & creative variations of classic Italian pasta & meat dishes.
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Was a warm evening so we ate outside. A nice breeze helped us to enjoy the evening.
Had a salad, salmon, and gelato. Excellent !!!
All four of us enjoyed our dinner and the service.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

I was ecstatic when I was first introduced to this place 4 years ago and it was where I wanted to go when I was in Philly. No more. The previous visit and the seafood risotto was undercooked. This time time it was undercooked, excessively salty and the quality of the seafood was not up to par. The octopus was marvelous, but everything else was just ordinary. The facilities are getting frayed around the edges and its not up to what it was. It was never cheap but I was happy to pay it because the food was so good. I may go back at some time in the hope it comes back but I will have to find a new favorite in Philly.

Reviewed May 21, 2013

If you enjoy Greek Mythology you read as a child you will enjoy the look of this place. Venture up the stairs and find the hidden treasure. Steve and I really enjoyed this pub crawl we found amazing locations and this was one of them. Even though I don't drink I had a great time.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

This trip I had grilled calamari and sepia for lunch. Very good. Glass windows surround this second floor restaurant and the atmosphere is light and airy. You almost feel as if you are in Positano.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

This spot is GREAT. Avoided it for years thinking it would be mediocre as a local "chain". Boy was I wrong! It is an excellent experience from beginning to end. Great bar and lots of creative in-house drink specials. The food is out of site...the grilled baby octopus is the best I've had this side of the Mediterranian! There is not a weak item on the menu. Everything is fresh, made to order and done just right. The staff is warm, friendly and very attentive, plus nice to look at! Very price reasonable. A best bet in Philly for semi-casual dining in a class atmosphere.

1  Thank RWQPhiladelphia