Spruce Hill Manor
$222
$199
$197
  • Restaurant
Wyndham Philadelphia Historic District(Philadelphia)(Great Value!)
$292
$197
$179
$167
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Warwick Hotel Rittenhouse Square(Philadelphia)
$239
$235
$219
Doubletree.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsb buniversity citybillie holidayyogurtbed and breakfastlibrary roomlovely homehomemade quichewhite coatcs examhome away from homeprivate bathmini kitchenfairmount parkcomplimentary wineplace to stayother guests
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 29, 2010

Gorgeous 1870's home beautifully furnished with antiques and run by the sweetest lady.
Janet was attentive to our every need and helpful in every sense of the word. The rooms were lovely and affordable, and the location is close to everything, but not smack in the middle of the hustle and bustle. There are lots of places to eat within walking distance (we enjoyed being around college kids), and Philly's main attractions are very close by. The only thing preventing five stars was the simplicity of the breakfast (no hot food) and a neighbor's dog who was barking at night. Overall, a wonderful weekend, and next time in Philly, ,we will definitely be staying at Spruce Hill Manor.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank Krak
Reviewed June 16, 2010

We thoroughly enjoyed the stay at this BB. Janet was very helpful and informative since we wanted to explore the historic areas in Philly. The room was spacious and very clean. Breakfast was decent but not spectacular. The location is perfect to go downtown nevertheless, especially if you have your bikes. Janet even gave us her gifts before we left. Excellent service & highly recommended.

Reviewed June 10, 2010

Lovely house in a nice neighborhodd convenient to downtown and the University. Outstanding breakfast. Janet was a delightful and gracious hostess very attentive to all her customers. She even allowed us to keep our bicycles inside while we were off touring during the day. Highly recommend Spruce Hill!

Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 23, 2010

The convention had a deal on rooms at the Marriot, but this was still far less expensive for a much nicer room and experience. The owner lives on site and was very friendly. I asked for an iron - my room is the only one without one - and she offered to iron things for me. The other guests also happened to be attending the same conference and we had a friendly conversation around the breakfast table, over homemade bread and jam.

The house is old and charming, with giant ceilings, big windows, greenery outside, etc. yet the rooms have Wi-Fi, and TV, mini-fridge, big private bathroom, etc. The University City neighborhood is very walkable, and lots of good restaurants in the area. I walked to and from the convention - about 30 minutes - my first day. Beautiful walk by the Art Museum and along a green beltway right to the convention center. I was presenting the second day, and the cab got me downtown in about 10 minutes in traffic.

I'd definitely stay here again for business or family vacation.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed May 21, 2010

My daughter and I went to Philly to look at student apartments near UPENN. We saw this B&B on the web and decided to give it a try. What a gem! The pictures simply don't do it justice. Not only are the rooms beautifully done and spotless, pictures could never capture the warmth and helpfulness of Janet, the hostess. My reservation on location is simply it's West Philly address, away from downtown and close to the Drexel and UPENN campuses. On the other hand, great transportation is very close. We walked to a great - Zagat rated - Thai restaurant. People will often caution you about that part of Philadelphia, but this neighborhood is lovely and very walkable. I look forward to returning when I visit Philly again over the next 4 years.

• Stayed: May 2010