“Comfortable and Convenient”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Spruce Hill Manor

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Philadelphia
Spruce Hill Manor
Ranked #3 of 25 Philadelphia B&B and Inns
Hyattsville, Maryland
“Comfortable and Convenient”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2014

The host was very accommodating and kind. The property is just as wonderful. Very pricey in my opinion, but all my needs were met. For those needing to take the USMLE Step 2 CS Exam, this B&B is about 0.5 miles from the testing centers. I recommend this location.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Y0ungLady

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2014

My husband was hospitalized at the University of Penn Hospital. While he was in the hospital, I stayed at Spruce Hill Manor. It was a lovely and comforting place to return to at the end of a long, stressful day at the hospital. Janet and her staff were caring and helpful from calling taxis for me to doing my laundry to inquiring about my husband to having foods that accommodate my food allergies. I look forward to returning to Spruce Hill Manor but for pleasure, the next time!

Room Tip: each room has a microwave and refrigerator
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Stamford, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2014

Spruce Hill Manor is a beautiful Bed and Breakfast. We spent five days there. I would recommend it to any body that wants to visit a conveniently located place in Philadelphia. Rooms are very clean and bright. Breakfast during the week was excellent, much more than I expected for a continental breakfast. Fresh fruit, tasty breads, coffee and much more. On the weekends, Janet bakes a delicious quiche.
Janet is a sweetheart, very attentive, generous and accommodating. My husband and I had a wonderful time chatting in the mornings with the other guests. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Telford, Pennsylvania, USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2014

My wife and I visited the Spruce Hill Manor in Philadelphia for a weekend away. We stayed there because there was no availability at the B&B we usually stay at in Center City. This was a lovely stay. Janet and Anthony offered first rate service. The food was healthy and tasty. We enjoyed the ability to get to know other guests over breakfast.

• Stayed April 2014
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2014 via mobile

Considering the excellent reviews on tripadvisor our expectations were set high. It is not a bad B&B but for us it didn't live up to what we expected for that price. Perhaps in the good old days it deserved such qualification. Right now it seems overpriced for what you get. Breakfast is rather disappointing too, so is location.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank meerkat73
SHManorBB, Owner at Spruce Hill Manor, responded to this review, April 5, 2014
We are so sorry that our extra efforts failed to make your stay a positive one. Usually, as in this case, when we upgrade a guest to our best room at no extra-charge and drive them to the train station in our personal car at check-out we are confident we have done our best.
Edinburgh
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2014

We spent a wonderful weekend in Philadelphia, where Spruce Hill is conveniently located near the tram and even not too far for a walk into town.
Janet is a wonderful and very accommodating host. She even got up early on our day of departure to take us to the station at 06:00 a.m.!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2014

I had a wonderful stay at the Spruce Hill Manor. The hostess, Janet, upgraded our room since we had to reschedule due to the snow the previous week. She also helped us make dinner reservations, which I thought was very nice. The room was huge, gorgeous, and had a nice kitchen that we utilized. I loved the breakfast, which consisted of quiche and organic goods from Whole Foods. Overall, I loved our stay!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple