“Lovely stay with genuine service!”
Review of Spruce Hill Manor

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Philadelphia
Spruce Hill Manor
Ranked #4 of 25 Philadelphia B&B and Inns
Telford, Pennsylvania, USA
“Lovely stay with genuine service!”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

My wife and I visited the Spruce Hill Manor in Philadelphia for a weekend away. We stayed there because there was no availability at the B&B we usually stay at in Center City. This was a lovely stay. Janet and Anthony offered first rate service. The food was healthy and tasty. We enjoyed the ability to get to know other guests over breakfast.

• Stayed April 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed April 3, 2014 via mobile

Considering the excellent reviews on tripadvisor our expectations were set high. It is not a bad B&B but for us it didn't live up to what we expected for that price. Perhaps in the good old days it deserved such qualification. Right now it seems overpriced for what you get. Breakfast is rather disappointing too, so is location.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank meerkat73
SHManorBB, Owner at Spruce Hill Manor, responded to this review, April 5, 2014
We are so sorry that our extra efforts failed to make your stay a positive one. Usually, as in this case, when we upgrade a guest to our best room at no extra-charge and drive them to the train station in our personal car at check-out we are confident we have done our best.
Edinburgh
Reviewed March 31, 2014

We spent a wonderful weekend in Philadelphia, where Spruce Hill is conveniently located near the tram and even not too far for a walk into town.
Janet is a wonderful and very accommodating host. She even got up early on our day of departure to take us to the station at 06:00 a.m.!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed March 23, 2014

I had a wonderful stay at the Spruce Hill Manor. The hostess, Janet, upgraded our room since we had to reschedule due to the snow the previous week. She also helped us make dinner reservations, which I thought was very nice. The room was huge, gorgeous, and had a nice kitchen that we utilized. I loved the breakfast, which consisted of quiche and organic goods from Whole Foods. Overall, I loved our stay!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Wilmington, North Carolina
Reviewed March 19, 2014

I was recently in Philadelphia for a conference at The University of Pennsylvania and decided to stay at Spruce Hill Manor instead of the Sheraton which was twice as expensive. My stay at Spruce Hill Manor was fabulous. I was there three nights and enjoyed each one. Janet was extremely kind and gracious. Her attention to detail is outstanding and she is very attentive to the needs of her guests. Initially I was concerned about walking the distance to campus for my meetings so she offered to drive me! It turned out that the walk was only a few blocks so I didn't need the ride, but I thought it extremely kind of her to offer.

My room was very clean and tidy. The neighborhood and house are well located relative to both Drexel and UPenn. It took me about 15 minutes to walk to UPenn for my meetings and about 5 minutes to Drexel.

All in all I definately recommend Spruce Hill Manor and appreciate the value and service I got for my money!

Room Tip: I stayed in the Billie Holiday room which is on the front of the house and has a view of the street...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank JasonILM
Reading, Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 12, 2014

Had a lovely overnight stay at Spruce Hill Manor. I am very happy I found this place as my son, a Drexel student, lives just a block away. Everything was perfect, very clean, lots of attention to details. Janet is a charming hostess, helpful and attentive. I'm looking forward to go back !

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 11, 2014

We stayed for two days and loved it! Got a personalized experience. The inn keeper, Janet, is very sweet and accommodating-she asked us what foods to buy/make and invited our son who we were visiting for breakfast with no charge. The rooms were clean and above expectations. The house was quaint and each room was more stunning then the next. Overall had a very nice getaway and would definitely revisit and recommend it to others. We were 2 blocks away from Drexel Campus so this was the perfect location for us.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple