“Good test and excellent servise”
Review of Chabaa Thai Bistro

Chabaa Thai Bistro
Ranked #860 of 4,506 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Manayunk
Reviewed August 15, 2014

This restaurant move Thailand to Philadelphia. You can enjoy not only a good test of thai food but also best service and lovely atmosphere with Thai art and sculpture.

Reviewed May 10, 2014

I have no idea how the food at this restaurant is; the place is not clean, cramped, and has the distinct smell of dirty carpets. Such a turn-off that my family and I left before being seated.

Walked down the street to Winnie's on Main Street, and had a wonderful meal, sitting outside under the awning. (Very loud inside the restaurant.) Food was great, as was the service.

Reviewed March 9, 2014

My best friend and I had been craving Thai, so I found this place on Yelp when I searched.
The decor was really beautiful, even in the bathroom! The server was attentive and helpful.
When we got our plates (both ordered pad thai), even they were beautifully decorated! They had orchid flowers and fancy arrangements of greens.
Everything tasted delicious. The sprouts (my favorite) were really thick and clearly high quality, and the restaurant didn't skimp on them like so many others do. Also, I am really not a fan of tofu (that spongy texture), but for the first time in my life, I actually LIKED the tofu mixed in with my chicken. It wasn't something I would probably seek out, but I didn't pick out each piece like usual.
The only thing I wasn't a huge fan of was that the upstairs dining room isn't open during lunch, which is inconvenient when a lot of customers show up at the same time.
I will say, this is not a cheap little take-out place. Prices are reasonable for what you get, though. I paid $15 for chicken pad thai; veggie/tofu are $13 and salmon/scallop are around $20.

1  Thank heavyheartedlove
Reviewed October 9, 2013

I have eaten Thai food from Coast to Coast.
Moon has the Best Thai in Philadelphia, Bar None !

(The only better Thai in the Country is in San Francisco, Khan Toke Thai House,
they get a 5.0, Moon a 4.8 - cannot discount the sunken tables)

Enjoy !

1  Thank murphthesurf1
Reviewed July 10, 2013

stopped here on the way home. First, amazing thai food and very friendly staff. This was our kids first thai experience and they loved it. Second, the area is like a minnie Georgetown feel. A little off the beaten path from I-95, but I have no regrets.