“It Could Be Better!”
Review of XIX Nineteen

XIX Nineteen
Reserve with OpenTable
XIX Nineteen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #286 of 4,443 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Walnut Street
Description: Nineteen is an American Brasserie, cafe, bar & restaurant featuring sweeping views of the city's skyline from the 19th floor of the Hyatt at The Bellevue. Philadelphia's "highest" restaurant offers a seafood centric menu of new American dishes in a stylish atmosphere that combines the building's historic architectural elements with a warm & inviting design scheme.
Reviewed October 10, 2013

We went to Nineteen to have drinks and see the view then stayed for dinner. It seems they already closed up the balconies for the winter. Here we were having 85 as the high of the day and they already closed the balconies. That was a disappointment. I should have called and asked about that first. We had drinks at the bar and walked around to see the view. The happy hour is not that great with only 1.00 off drinks but the bartenders are great at their jobs and friendly. We finally got a nice seat for dinner after moving around and me hitting a clam with my foot. (hmm a resturant like this one really should not have had a clam on the floor). We had a good waiter and we ordered with his help of what was the best in the place. Well it went downhill from there. Our watier had to work a party in the next room and take care of us. He was doing the best he could. When our appetizers came out (brought to us by a runner not our waiter) they were not hot at all. We ate them anyway. They were good and could have been better hot. The octopus was as good as the waiter said it would be. The bread tasted like day old that was heated up for the second night. Not good. When our dinners came out we just knew one of them was not what we ordered. We eat venison all the time and we knew the meat dish the "runner" left was NOT deer meat at all. First they put it in front of me I said I ordered the scallops. (to me a restaurant of this price point should NOT be auctioning food off at the table, they should know who ordered what and bring out the correct food!) Turns out my husband was given the short ribs and they were truly wonderful! My scallops were NOT. They were beyond bad and should have never been served and they smelled. The waiter came to the table and I told him about my scallops. At the same time the "runner" was back with yet another meal for our table. You guess it! It was the venison that my husband really did order! Well on seeing all this and smelling my scallops the waiter was besides himself with how things were going for us! He said yes the scallops seem to have a problem. He gave us the venison at no charge and asked what I would like in place of the scallops. At this point everything took so long that I said nothing, we are fine with this I do not want to wait any longer since our parking fee will be very high. Well the waiter gave us more wine took my scallops off the check and gave us a discount paper for our parking lot. If not for this waiter trying so hard I would never return to Nineteen because they have many problems to work out. Due to the waiters hard work I may return. I think they should stop over working the staff there since we are paying high prices for the food and wine! The carpet needs to be cleaned and it smells! Really not what I expected for a pricey place in the city!

Reviewed October 3, 2013

19th floor art deco restaurant with 360 degree views of Philadelphia. Built in 1903 and re-used now as part hotel and part office space. Clever. Friendly staff. Interesting food....simple.
with great fresh ingredients. Advantage...we were there restaurant week so had a three course meal for $35 with excellent choices plus n added value of a Chilean white wine at 1/2 price/bottle. Our 15th on Constitution Day in the City where it was written.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

We were fortunate to walk in and get a great table for 4, on the last Saturday night of 'restaurant week' . The dining room is located on the 19 floor, we were given a table in the main dining room which has high detailed ceilings and a very unusual pearl necklace like decorations with a light in the high domed ceilings. It is one of the prettiest dining rooms I have seen. The food and service was wonderful. We shared our food, the appetizers of Hamachi, warm mushroom salad were very good. The entrees of salmon, scallops and short ribs were excellent. We all ordered the same cranberry and orange cobbler. The meal was fantastic a bargain since it was a $35.00 special for September's restaurant week. The service was very prompt.

1  Thank 4Crackers
Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

I visited this restaurant to enjoy a new place within the city for restaurant week. I was also told the view was great. It was awesome. The atmosphere, service, and food were great! Excellent for the price. It rained so we didn't see the view; however, it wasn't missed. Can't wait to return!

Reviewed September 20, 2013

Liked everything, service, food, view, architecture. Popular place amongst hotel guests and locals. Would definitely return.