“Excellent Dining Experience for Basque Food”
Review of Tinto

Tinto
Reserve with OpenTable
Tinto is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #52 of 4,522 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: City Center West
Cross street: Sansom
Transit: SEPTA: The 17, 21, and 42 buses stop near the restaurant. The Market-Frankford El stop is at 15th & Market.
Description: Tinto, an expression used to describe red wine served in pintxos bars throughout Northern Spain, is the ultimate expression of what a Basque wine bar should be. Located in Rittenhouse Square, the cozy restaurant, drawing inspiration from the rich cultural and culinary traditions of Basque country, inspires, tantalizes and satisfies with extraordinary cuisine by Chef Jose Garces. Specialties of the House Duck Montadito, Shrimp & Chorizo Brochettes, Short Rib Bocadillo, 60 bottle wine list from the Basque regions of N. Spain and S. France, and artisanal ciders. Private Parties: Tinto welcomes groups of all sizes. Events can be booked throughout the restaurant and in our private dining rooms seven days a week. For parties of 12 or more, please call our private events team to schedule your reservation at 267-284-7979 or email events@garcesgroup.com
Reviewed June 20, 2013

My wife and I were attending a conference in Philadelphia and she made reservations at Tinto's based on the recommendations of close friends. After reviewing the menu online, I had a serious concern because we had not experienced Basque cusine. We had a delightful dinner and are delighted that we stepped out of our comfort level. We both ordered the premium chef's tasting meal with wine pairings. The food was delicious, well presented by our waiter, and the wine and food were plentiful. We would recommend this restaurant to the most discerning diners.

1  Thank Brookdal

Reviewed June 18, 2013

We loved this place! We were in Philly for a week as tourists and to celebrate our 40th wedding anniversary. We found a restaurant at a digital kiosk named La Amada (I think). But, it was too far from our accommodations, so we went online and found this restaurant run by the same folks.

It was absolutely delightful! The service was excellent, attentive but not overbearing. They provided me with a small taste of the sangria cocktail so that I could decide. The food was gorgeously presented, and excellent tasting. We were thrilled to find paella as a tapas - not found very often - even in Spanish restaurants. We spent two months in Spain a few years ago, and can honestly say this is authentic Spanish food. We thought the prices were reasonable; as we had eaten at other restaurants previously in the week, and found this some of the best pricing.

Don't miss it. (The other thing to know is that most of the seating is bar height - although I think I might have seen a few tables of regular seats - call ahead and doublecheck).

Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

For some reason we have never ventured into this Jose Garcia place and Amada across town is one of our favorites! Tinto did no disappoint. Great wines by the glass. Great drinks made with fresh ingredients. The blood orange mojito and special margarita on menu was very good and not too sweet! The plates are rich with authentic flavors and just enough. I would highly recommend the crab and avocado on toast and the duck with cherry on toast. The duck was by far the highlight of the evening. Very rich sweet and salty, amazing. The atmosphere is nice and set up similar to Amada. Overall I would put it up there with Amada as one of our favorites in town and best two tapas places in town!

Reviewed June 2, 2013

We ate here recently and the meal, service and white sangria were all excellent. I highly recommend it for a great dining experience.

Reviewed May 30, 2013

This was one of the best tapas restaurants I've ever visited. The service was impeccable, the ambience was very relaxing, and the food was exquisite. I did the Chef's Tasting Menu and had their sangria. Every dish brought to the table was amazing, including the dessert. I highly recommend this restaurant.