“lots of fun little plates”
Review of Tinto

Tinto
Reserve with OpenTable
Tinto is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #54 of 4,461 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: City Center West
Cross street: Sansom
Transit: SEPTA: The 17, 21, and 42 buses stop near the restaurant. The Market-Frankford El stop is at 15th & Market.
Description: Tinto, an expression used to describe red wine served in pintxos bars throughout Northern Spain, is the ultimate expression of what a Basque wine bar should be. Located in Rittenhouse Square, the cozy restaurant, drawing inspiration from the rich cultural and culinary traditions of Basque country, inspires, tantalizes and satisfies with extraordinary cuisine by Chef Jose Garces. Specialties of the House Duck Montadito, Shrimp & Chorizo Brochettes, Short Rib Bocadillo, 60 bottle wine list from the Basque regions of N. Spain and S. France, and artisanal ciders. Private Parties: Tinto welcomes groups of all sizes. Events can be booked throughout the restaurant and in our private dining rooms seven days a week. For parties of 12 or more, please call our private events team to schedule your reservation at 267-284-7979 or email events@garcesgroup.com
Reviewed January 23, 2013

went here for restaurant week and enjoyed everything. The variety was excellent, and the food was deliscious. Favorites were the bomba rice and the chicken dish. we also had cheeses,olives,
serano ham, octopus, mussels, duck,... it was a great way to get many flavours in one sitting for the three of us. We have been to Amada and would give them a tad higher rating. Also the wines that were served with our dinners $15 for 2 glasses were very good, especially with the food.

Reviewed January 22, 2013

I came here for restaurant week. We were seated in the basement, which was cozy and comfortable. I started with the Chorizo Pamplona, which was thinly sliced, and the arugula salad. Both were excellent and not too filling. For my second course I had the sea bass with cockles and salsa verde. The cockles were a bit gritty, but I hadn't had them before so maybe that's just the nature of cockles in general. I'm not sure but they didn't thrill me. But the sea bass was absolutely delicious. Seasoned and perfectly cooked with a bit of a crust on the edges. I also had the asparagus with lemon aioli. I am usually hesitant to order asparagus at restaurants because no one ever cooks it properly. However, to my delight it was totally perfect, very garlicky and flavorful. Definitely the best asparagus I've ever had. The dessert was the most memorable course for me, possibly because I am a pastry chef, but it was incredible and very unique. Toffee and black pepper custards with fig and pistachio, and some chopped toffee and shortbread on top. I've never had anything like it. It was not overly sweet and the flavors came together wonderfully. Oh and they had a wine pairing option for $15, which I am glad I had, because the selected wines were very good. The only reason I'm giving Tinto four stars is because of the service. It wasn't bad, but it was very lackluster. Our server was awkward and shy. We had everything we needed, but if I'm spending $70 on a meal, I do expect the entire experience to be above average. He was polite but sort of coasted through by doing the bare minimum. Be personable, it's your job! Really though the meal was great, I'll recommend it to others and I'd definitely come back.

Reviewed January 22, 2013

I went to this place on Sunday during the restaurant week without making prior reservations. Even though we din't have a reservation, my girlfriend and I were promptly seated at a table near the kitchen. Since the restaurant week has just begun, we were presented with just that special menu, and not their regular one. I was a little bit surprised because at other places I have visited you're given a choice of restaurant week menu and the regular one. From that menu you can pick 2 items from the 1st course, 2 items from the 2nd course, and 1 item from 3rd course (dessert). Since there were two of us, we picked all different items. Boucheron Cheese, La Peral Cheese, Jamón Serrano and Figs for the 1st course, Pork Belly Montadito, Duck Montadito, Pulpo and Merluza En Salsa Verde for the 2nd course and both items from the dessert section. The food was very good, but not spectacular (I'd rate food at Amada much higher). Among the dishes I liked the most were Pulpo, Pork Belly Montadito and Cuajada.
Overall, a very good experience, good food, and very good service.

Reviewed January 18, 2013

We had a relaxed yummy tapas dinner here after work. It was easy to ooh and ahhh over most of the dishes, with the Pulpo (octopus) our favorite.. Attentive but not "in your face" service.

Reviewed January 10, 2013

Great service, nice location / interior (quiet enough for a date or meeting in spots), and intereating small plates. Soups are really different and best dish is the lamb in the shot glass. Disappointed by the wine selection - not a great fan of Spanish wines but felt like there weren't enough options under $60 that didn't lose the heavy sherry notes after opened.