“Tapas that is topless”
Review of Tinto

Tinto
Reserve with OpenTable
Tinto is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #44 of 4,611 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: City Center West
Cross street: Sansom
Transit: SEPTA: The 17, 21, and 42 buses stop near the restaurant. The Market-Frankford El stop is at 15th & Market.
Description: Tinto, an expression used to describe red wine served in pintxos bars throughout Northern Spain, is the ultimate expression of what a Basque wine bar should be. Located in Rittenhouse Square, the cozy restaurant, drawing inspiration from the rich cultural and culinary traditions of Basque country, inspires, tantalizes and satisfies with extraordinary cuisine by Chef Jose Garces. Specialties of the House Duck Montadito, Shrimp & Chorizo Brochettes, Short Rib Bocadillo, 60 bottle wine list from the Basque regions of N. Spain and S. France, and artisanal ciders. Private Parties: Tinto welcomes groups of all sizes. Events can be booked throughout the restaurant and in our private dining rooms seven days a week. For parties of 12 or more, please call our private events team to schedule your reservation at 267-284-7979 or email events@garcesgroup.com
Reviewed September 16, 2012

If I lived in Philadelphia, I'd be waiting in front of Tinto's to open right now. The variety and quality of the tapas offered is exceptional! Having the chance during happy hour to sample true bite sized examples of their amazing cuisine was delightful. Moving on to the arugula, serrano cheese salad, I inhaled it. So good. Pairing the basque gateau with a basque bleu cheese topped off an excellent meal with the best dessert combination I have had in years. Stop reading this and get over there!

Reviewed September 7, 2012

You will love it either way! Friendly and knowledgeable bartenders can talk about the wine with their eyes closed and the portion are just right--packed with a flavor depth unrivaled by other restaurants.

Reviewed August 28, 2012

Excellent food; definitely go with a group. Just hoped that the servers will alow you to enjoy your meal and not rush you through it.

Reviewed August 26, 2012

Great tapas!! My first meal here was the best in terms of menu choices. In my second trip I decided to branch out a bit and I wish I could have swapped some of the choices with the first. DO NOT MISS CHOICES: Chestnut soup, braised short rib sandwich, duck, and lamb brochette
GOOD CHOICES: Meyer lemon artichokes, wild mushrooms and pork belly
PASS ON THESE: Tuna tartare sandwich, gazpacho
Will definitely be back

Reviewed August 25, 2012

We have never eaten tapas before and decided to give Tinto's a try. Are we ever glad we did! We both had the chef's tasting menu paired with wine. The food was extremely creative and impeccably executed. The wine pairings were "spot on". Our server even wrote down each wine for us that was served. It was fun to be surprised with each course. I am a picky eater and my request that certain foods not be served was respected. The service was outstanding. Others have complained that the prices are high here. It is not cheap but I am a believer that you get what you pay for. I would highly recommend Tinto's!