“Pork Lovers Heaven” 4 of 5 bubbles

Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Bella Vista / Queen Village
Cross street: Catharine street (between 5th/6th)
Philadelphia
“Pork Lovers Heaven”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2012

Small restaurant, small menu, pork served imaginatively, nicely presented and delicious. Duck, seafood and beef choices also available and delicious desserts. Prices on the high side but balanced by BYOB policy. You need to bring cash as credit cards not accepted.

exton
“an ok country french restaurant”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2012

I was anxious to try this byob ... we took my mom for her 86 th birthday! Food was good , not great. no seafood at all the night we went on the menu even though the menu on their website boasted sea bass.as a regular item. I had steak, altho the bordelais sauce was good, it was served with french fries, frozen?, and a few green beans ..I expected a little more creativity I guess... my mom felt the same way... good not great. For her birthday they did bring out a candle on a plate, (no dessert with it>???) strange we thought... Atmosphere is non existant... tables crammed into a tiny room any which way they could. oh well ,, there are so many French places we have been to that we like better in the city.

Lumberton, New Jersey
“Good food, funky atmosphere”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2012

We enjoyed our visit to Cochon. The food was good but not great and the atmosphere needs some updating or just maybe some cleaning. The frosted window that hides the kitchen has collected various kitchen tools and other items over time and should be cleared because it gives the place a less than tidy appearance. The food was tasty and well prepared but not special or beyond what you could make at home. Our server was very nice and helped to make the evening an enjoyable one.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Naples, Florida
“Rough around the edges”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2012

The restaurant is old and worn, our waiter bordering on rudeness and arrogance and the ambiance is eclectic to say the least. With all that however the food saves it even though its far from elegant or well put together visually. The taste is there however and that is a surprise. Prices a little expensive for the level of finesse but once again the food actually does taste quite good so there is some value. The fact that its a BYOB is also good. One tip - train the waiters with some people skills...

• Visited July 2012
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Great food, poor service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2012

Fantastic food, rude server. I would've given this place five stars if not for the poor service.

First, I'll address the food. Everything was so tasty. What I ate:
Escargots w/ pancetta, concasse & herb butter
Pork tenderloin w/ sauteed mushrooms, asparagus & fingerling potatoes topped w/ a red-wine reduction
Shortbread soaked in warm maple syrup topped w/ bacon ice cream

Can't speak highly enough of everything I ate. I definitely want to go back to try more of their dishes.

Now to the service... Even though the service sucked, I won't take it personally. I heard from others that it's just the way it is here. I say it sucked because it seemed like the waiter was eager to get us out of the restaurant. We felt rushed, as in he kept coming back quickly to get our order even if we asked for more time, and he seemed like an impatient snob when we asked about stuff on the menu or for his recommendations. Aside from his attitude, he served us well -- brought out the dishes promptly, refilled our waters at the right time, etc.

Anyway -- even if you do get a bad server, it's still worth the visit. It's also BYOB & cash only.

• Visited May 2012