“Poor food in a dull environment”
Review of Darling's Cafe - CLOSED

Darling's Cafe
Cuisines: Cafe
Neighborhood: City Center West
Neighborhood: City Center West
Reviewed August 3, 2009

Had a bad experience here today.... after seeing the add for Darlings in the brochure thought we'd try it. Terrible, did not eat my sandwich, kids left theirs and the cheesecake was like one I could buy in a store, very average cheesecake, worse than average sandwiches

Reviewed May 9, 2008

Bad experience today. It took 45minutes to get food and when it came, the lady behind the counter told me the soup wasn't mine and gave it to someone who was 4 orders behind me. So it took another 10 minutes for the rest of the food to come. The cook was grouchy and yelling at everyone, and misdelivered my food, again, but once I got the food, it was actually really good.

San Francisco, California
Reviewed December 23, 2007

Good coffee & cheese cakes

Reviewed December 16, 2007

Who doesn't love Darlings? Great cheesecake, good coffee, tasty small sandwiches, nice service. Sometimes the coffee drinks are too sweet.

Reviewed December 12, 2007

Cute, sweet looking cafe at the back of Franklin Institute. Won Philadelphia's 2006 best cheesecake contest. Has the best cheesecake I've ever tasted, EVER!!! and I'm a cheesecake person. Let them choose the cheesecake for you, though every one that I've tried has been quite good. The owner is a connoisseur of food, so their other food and drink selections are quite good too. Though definitely come for the cheesecake.