“Great cheesecake, great service, dirty bathroom”
Review of Darling's Cafe - CLOSED

Darling's Cafe
Cuisines: Cafe
Neighborhood: City Center West
Neighborhood: City Center West
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Amazing cheesecake! Staff were very, very friendly. I would come back in a second! But the bathroom was seriously dirty. Low lights couldn't hide that it hasn't been cleaned with bath cleaner for far too long.

1  Thank Indy-Eliz

Reviewed December 9, 2012

When I asked the person at the Museum where was the best place in Philly for a diner experience, she did not hesitate - "Darlings Diner"; she immediately wrote the address and phone number. Her favorite was the fish and grits.

I hoped in a cab and went to Darlings. Although it was a $10 cab ride from the historic district, it was worth the trip. I had the fish and grits which rate one of the best!

1  Thank JDRolle R
Reviewed August 24, 2012

Ate here with family for the first time tonight and was really excited. Unfortunately, I was pretty disappointed in the service and food. We ordered salads and a little breakfast, the place was barely busy and it took almost 30 minutes for our food to come out and when it did, my potatoes were burnt to a crisp and by that time to wait any longer, I would be taking it home anyways. I reviewed this as "average" because the rest of my family had an alright time and said the food was okay. The cheesecake was really good that we all shared for dessert, but I just couldn't get over how slow the service was. Parking was free. Come for dessert and coffee.

Reviewed July 25, 2012

Located right in the Piazza - cute, good food, good service. Everytime we visit our son in Philadelphia, we eat at Darlings! It is a must.

1  Thank Judi H
Reviewed June 26, 2012

We stopped by Darling's Cafe for some red eye coffee after a busy day of museums. We were the only people inside for most of the hour and enjoyed our flavorful coffees and a free brownie for our first Foursquare check -in.
Service was fast and the atmosphere was comfortable. Would go again.

1  Thank ralefever