“Great Lunch on the Weekend” 5 of 5 bubbles

Good Dog
Ranked #124 of 4,318 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Maryland
“Great Lunch on the Weekend”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2014

Tucked away in busy part of town. Local favorite, or so it seemed. Place was full of pictures of happy dogs that had lived a happy life. A little depressing as many were RIP remembrances but the pics were of the good times. Beer choices were great and we tried many with fast service especially as the place was crowded. Lunch was excellent with the wait staff telling us about the kitchen competition to make the best fish tacos. It worked and we really liked ours. They make a tremendous burger as well and the sweet potato fries were great. My son had been there many times and knew to order "please make all my fries sweet potato". If you don't you will get 50/50 (reg/sweet) mix. $86 for the three of us and each of us has 3/4 beers with our meal. I think you will like this place and we would go back for lunch.

Visited February 2014

Williamsburg, Virginia
“Needs to relook its carding policy”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2013

While I concede that “no one under 21 after a certain hour on a Saturday” may be a Philadelphia ordinance (I don’t know). The Good Dog turned away my family of 6 at about 8 pm on Saturday following the Army-Navy game. My youngest were 18 and 20. I get that for the bar scene, but this place seems to seat for and serve dinner. No matter, though. I took my family to another pub (very close by) and had a great dinner and dessert.

• Visited December 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
California
“tasty casual American food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2013

A 3-story restaurant serving terrific burgers and some other interesting menu items like lamb belly and white chicken chili. we had some of the best burgers in a long time. casual, local favorite. You won't be disappointed. Seating is simple, casual and service friendly. Has a bar, too

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank meestar
Nazareth, PA
“Surprisingly Amazing Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2013

I don't think they make anything that doesn't taste good. While the ambiance and the decor is continents removed from the quality of the food, I still have to rate this eatery with 5 stars. I had the Carrot-Apple Soup and it was the most amazing I have ever eaten and I am an passionate soup connoisseur who mostly has to criticize. I had an opportunity to tease dishes of the other 5 people at my table and I had not one negative remark about any of them. It is not inexpensive but most definitely not overpriced and really worth every penny. Very happy my daughter is moving to Philadelphia and I can go back soon to enjoy their food again and again.

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Glenview, Illinois
“Pretty Good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

Cute place for drinks and a quick bite. Friendly attentive service. Pretty quick. The Good dog burger and Cheesesteak empanadas were great. My husband had the chicken chili. He said the flavor was good but the temp was not hot. He did not ask them to reheat it but I sure they would have. I Recommend the Good Dog for good bar food and drink, not if you are looking for a great dining experience.