“Great experience overall”

Fogo de Chao Brazilian Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #40 of 4,611 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: Brazilian, South American, Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Buffet, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: City Center East
Cross street: S. Juniper Street
Description: We are an authentic Churrascaria (Brazilian Steakhouse) from Rio Grande do Sul in southern Brazil which features superior service, unrivaled cuisine and a unique dining experience.You will be pampered by our authentic Gaucho chefs who come to your tableside to carve a variety of succulent meats right off their skewers. Our featured meats have been slow-roasted over an open flame and lightly seasoned to preserve the unique taste of each tender cut.Adding to our unique dining experience, you will be treated to a sumptuous, gourmet salad and vegetable bar featuring over 30 items including imported cheeses, cured meats, fresh vegetables and more. We complement your meal with traditional Brazilian side dishes such as caramelized bananas, crispy polenta, seasoned mashed potatoes and our world-famous cheese bread (pao de queijo).No meal is complete without trying a refreshing caipirinha, something from our award-winning wine list or one of our decadent desserts
Reviewed December 26, 2013

Our company had its holiday party here this year. If you like meat, this is your place! Check out the video online which shows how the gauchos wander around with the various kinds of meats on long skewers and you choose which you want. The salad bar is unlike any you've ever gone to, trust me! Great wait staff too. All in all I really enjoyed the visit but with a prix fixe of $51 not including alcohol I don't know that I'd be able to go often. Probably better for my waistline that way!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,048)

Reviewed December 26, 2013

Six years in a row we have been going to Fogo in Philly for an annual guys dinner. Every year I love it. Amazing salad bars and even better meats. Don't fill up on cuts that you don't want. Just ask anyone walking around for a certain cut and they will bring it by right away. I love the pork ribs and filet wrapped in bacon. I can't wait until next year. I forget the girl that waited on us but she was great, very friendly.

Reviewed December 21, 2013

My son goes to UPENN so we went there on October during Parent's Weekend. First class service to go along with a tremendous salad bar. Each cut of meat was mouthwatering. I took the rest of my family there for lunch in late November and although the food was still great, I did not enjoy it like I thought I would. I think it had to do with eating at 12:30 east coast time when my stomach was still on 9:30AM west coast time.

Reviewed December 19, 2013

Went here for a birthday/Christmas luncheon with 2 friends. We thought the salad bar was wonderful, everything we tried from it was delicious! THEN THE MEAT CAME! My first bite of the sirloin was heavenly! Once the waiters found out my preference for well done, they remembered it and continued bringing meat to me straight from the grill to take the outside pieces. I guess I tried about 6 different meats and while I didn't like the marinade on one or two, on the whole they were absolutely delicious. You flip over your card and its a flurry of activity as they serve you different cuts. You flip it back to the red side and you are left alone. Want a clean plate? They love to give you clean plates. They also didn't rush us! We sat for a long time over our coffee, opening gifts etc. and we felt relaxed, not rushed. Planning to bring the whole family here next!

Reviewed December 15, 2013

There's an amazing salad bar and they hope that you fill up on it before you head to meat lovers paradise so don't fall for that. It's an all you can eat situation and waiters walk around with meat to put on your plate. Keep your card turned up and you'll get more; down and you will get skipped. All very good. More of a man's man kind of place. Wouldn't recommend it for a first date pig out.