“A great meal”
Review of Amada

Amada
Reserve with OpenTable
Amada is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #22 of 4,370 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Transit: Septa 21, 42
Ocean, New Jersey
“A great meal”
Reviewed March 17, 2014

My wife and I went on sat night 3/15 and had quite the meal. As a previuos reviewer stated the Ensalade Verde was a 10. Please try it and I would love to read your reviews. Next up were some cured meats along cheeses . These were very good. Next arriving was the lamb meatballs- tasty,Spanish Octopus -out of this world,chorizo and clams -this was the only miss. Clams could have been slighly larger in order to taste them. they were out of ribs that night so we finished up with the Pork Belly special which was excellent.For desert we had the cheesecake which will be presented in a fashion that will surprise you while at the same time lighting up your tatste buds. All in all an excellent meal presented by a restaurant which has lived up to the their lofty ratings.

• Visited March 2014

Markham, Canada
“Great Food Great Service”
Reviewed March 10, 2014

Fabulous tapas, great wine, excellent service...doesn't come as cheap in Philly as it does in Spain. Wine list covers most regions of Spain as does the tapas menu. Food well prepared & plated, superbly done baby lamb chops. Open dining room can get a bit noisy, but it is tapas, not intimate romantic dining....worth the price.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank David O
Herndon, Virginia
“A solid tapas experience”
Reviewed March 9, 2014

I took our medical school student and a classmate here so they could enjoy a rare decent dinner. I was perhaps more exacting in my standards, having just returned from spending several weeks in Madrid, where we feasted on tapas throughout the city as well as in Segovia, Avila, Toledo and other places. The selection of tapas is authentic and, for the most part, quite good. The paella, a house specialty which must be ordered 45 minutes in advance, while good, was a tad mushy for my taste. The pernil asado (roast park) was excellent as (I'm told) were the Gambas al Ajillio (shrimp in garlic - to which I'm allergic but which the boys seemed to enjoy). It's a pricey place which I'm glad I tried although I don't know that I would go back. Perhaps I was still spolied from all of the amazing (and relatively modestly priced) culinary experiences in Spain).

• Visited October 2013
Seattle, Washington
“Let's talk about this salad...”
Reviewed March 9, 2014

Best salad I've had in my life? Likely, quite likely. Actually, I'll just commit and say this was the greatest salad I've ever had in my life. Truly. I'm not even a salad person, but the Ensalada Verde (Green salad, asparagus, favas, avocado, green beans) at Amada... perfection. A green pile of happiness is the best way I can describe it. This restaurant treats food as an art, and I was impressed with everything, along with my out of this world salad. That said, I obviously recommend the Verde and the Croquettes are to die for. Order this and you'll leave a very happy customer. Will definitely be back the next time I'm in Philly!

Visited August 2013
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Fantastic Tapas”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

this is our family go to place. Great tapas and wine list is great and the service is the best ..Yummmm

Visited September 2013