“A great tapas experience !”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Amada

Amada
Reserve with OpenTable
Amada is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 4,339 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Spanish
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Brunch, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: City Center East
Cross street: Between 2nd & 3rd
Transit: Septa 21, 42
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“A great tapas experience !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014

My husband & I were in Philly on Jan.1 for the Mummer's parade. We decided to dine at Amada's , a tapas restaurant, on recommendations from friends. We ordered for each of us the $65 Chef's Tasting Menu for our table ( we would have preferred if one of us had it and the other order a la carte but it HAD to be for the table ). We had 11 courses which started with a cheese course( strange ) and stranger still, the 3 cheeses came with 3 sauces that really didn't quite go well with the excellent goat cheese and the manchego- I mean - what's the point? These were followed by Spanish anchovies, spinach salad with Serrano ham (which could have used a bit of vinegar in the dressing but otherwise very good), ham croquettes, grilled Spanish octupus, artichoke/mushroom/black truffle and cheese flatbread (delicious!),extra large-grilled (heads on) shrimp (superb!), a large portion of grilled steak, broiled cauliflower that came with a poached egg, and finally, a pair of grilled lobster tails.
We definitely enjoyed our dinner! For the most part, all the dishes was executed superbly!
The restaurant was full but remarkably, the noise level was pleasantly at a minimum. Overall, it was an enjoyable gastronomical experience in a restaurant with a classy atmosphere .

• Visited January 2014

South-Central, PA
“Absolutely Delightful Experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2013

My wife and I went to Amada for our anniversary and were treated to a unique and delicious time at this charming establishment. We ordered six tapas and absolutely loved each of them. The Waygu Beef Brochettes were probably the best-tasting beef entree that either of us have ever experienced(which led us to order a second serving). Surprisingly, the Olive Oil Ice Cream was tasty for dessert. The ambiance also set the mood nicely for a romantic evening. I wish they had this restaurant near our hometown.

Visited December 2013
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“My Favorite Philly Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2013

I cannot say enough about this restaurant. I've been 3-4 times and the last time I went was my birthday. I had this incredible garlic shrimp which sounded so plain, but was out of this world. I also had the best flatbread I've ever had. It was mushroom and Manchego I believe. I was also had a migraine when I went and ordered a Sprite to give myself a sugar/caffeine boost, but the waitress suggested I get a Shirley Temple for the added sugar which I thought was so sweet of her to suggest!
Great decor, great meal, great service.
*Note that the dining room is sort of split in half where in front of you is the lighted room where you can see the kitchen and to the right is the darker dining room. I like the main one, but both are great!

• Visited September 2013
Ridgewood,NJ
“Suckling Pig Tasting Dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2013

We had a party of 15 (!) and my expectations were very low since we had just spent two delicious weeks traveling through Spain . What a surprise we got !
Everything , and I mean everything ,was delectable. We did the $75 tasting menu. It started with a light and airy mesclun salad , with an amazing olive oil dressing. We enjoyed crusted bread with Iberico ham , stuffed peppers with crabmeat ( phenomenal ), garlic shrimp , croquettes, olives , on and on . The main course was the Suckling Pig which had a really cool presentation ( a personal chef carving table side) and was perfectly crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside . The desert was an olive oil cake with some sort of soft cheese which sounds not so good but was in fact awesome.

Definitely get the white sangria , YUM !

• Visited December 2013
CA
“Good enough”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2013

We don't like to write negative reviews; instead we tend to chalk our experience up to our own unfortunate choices or an off night for the kitchen. With that context in mind, my husband and I have to say our experience at Amada was just OK...good but not great and, actually a bit disappointing. We had looked forward to trying Amada during our stay in Philadelphia for a family wedding. Our waiter was moderately helpful in guiding us through the menu. We chose tapas from throughout the menu to ensure a variety of tastes. The datiles were wonderful. The scallops were tender but rather bland. The lamb chops were also tender but nothing special. But the roasted pork, which the server recommended, was, as my husband describes it, "inedible"... so fatty and salty we couldn't finish it. I can't remember the other dishes but all we can say was we have had far better tapas elsewhere.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank armhumber
Jenn P, Guest Relations Manager at Amada, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Good Afternoon,

Thank you so much for your feedback. We're sorry to hear about your experience at Amada! We'd love to find out more so we can improve and ensure this mediocre experience doesn't happen again. If you're up to it, could you please email us your contact information at marketing@garcesgroup.com so our General Manager, Nick Agosto, can further address your recent experience?

Quinn, on behalf of Garces Group