“Really enjoyed this experience”
Review of Amada

Amada
Reserve with OpenTable
Amada is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #22 of 4,370 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Neighborhood: City Center East
Cross street: Between 2nd & 3rd
Transit: Septa 21, 42
San Antonio, Texas
“Really enjoyed this experience”
Reviewed March 7, 2013

This is a Spanish theme tapas restaurant. Tapas-sized servings. We chose the higher-priced chef's tasting menu and thoroughly enjoyed it. Also had the wine pairings. Although tables were close together, there was a cozy feel, and the service was friendly and knowledgeable. We would definitely go here again.

• Visited February 2013

Connecticut
“Now know what tapas are”
Reviewed March 7, 2013

Went here for a girlfriend's get together. Overall, liked most of our choices. Service was very good. The lamb meatballs were too rare for my taste and the artichoke dish was only fair. There wasn't anything outstanding. Liked the Sangria very much and the Moca desert. Since there are many choices you are sure to get some things that you like. I was hoping for something outstanding. Bottom line: there wasn't. It's just part of a trend popular now.
I do think this restaurant is geared more to the 20-30 crowd and although we older girls enjoyed ourselves and were seated in a quiet area because we had an earlier reservation, I don't think it would be a place I would go to again. I do have to say, prices were reasonable.The woodword and building itself are interesting from an architectural standpoint.

Charlotte, North Carolina
“A La Plancha was yummy”
Reviewed March 5, 2013

Ok so we LOVED the Calamari and the Mushrooms A La Plancha...the rest of the food we tried was just so-so. Octopus was chewy, and bacon wrapped dates would be much better if the bacon was crispy. We also saw the table next to us get a suckling pig - we think that if you're within range of smell of that, you should be given a sample, lol! It smelled wonderful!

NY/NJ
“Outstanding”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Upon arriving at Amada, we sat in the bar area awaiting our table (we were a little early). Looking over the menu, I wanted ot try it all. Luckily, the chef's seleciton was a great option. We did the "more luxurious" (according to our waiter's description) of the two options along with the wine pairing. I thought the selections were great. Each of the 8 or so plates was really tasty. However, the diversity of the plates made the paring tough to keep up. They give you 2-3 plates per "course" and a wine with each course. Thus, while the red may go with the beef short rib flatbread, it didn't pair as well with the fish dish. Probably my only compliant of the evening.

Jersey City, New Jersey
“Delectable Dining!”
Reviewed February 28, 2013

I've been to Amada twice and most recently went for brunch during a weekend stay in Philly. My husband and I dine out frequently, and have adventurous palates. Hence, I sometimes develop food ennui and can rarely do leftovers or frequent repeats of cuisine genres. Yet, there were two standout dishes at Amada--amongst of field of solidly delicious choices--which I think I could eat almost daily and still savor. They were the grilled calamari and lamb meatballs; each having a wonderful infusion of flavors while maintaining simplicity. Outstanding! The sangria was fabulous too. Absolutely a must visit.

• Visited February 2013