“Exquisite cuisine with a bad attitude!”
Review of Su Xing House

Su Xing House
Reserve with OpenTable
Su Xing House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #435 of 4,585 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: City Center West
Reviewed January 12, 2012

If I was rating the food alone, I would assuredly give this place 5 stars- the
food was simply amazing for vegetarians and not vegetarians alike!

However, despite this absolutely amazing food, they lost a star and perhaps
maybe should lose two stars given the fact that they are incredibly rude.

It is true that the waitress stomps her feet and/or pouts about
customers not being ready to order immediately. Additionally, the staff appears to be incredibly unfriendly to everyone, and I noticed this from the diverse crowd that was in the place while we were, it does not appear specific to race or orientation or otherwise. Mainly I noticed how they treated other people because I started to think the
same thing about them disliking my fiancé and I because we were new or what have
you. However, after paying attention for awhile I realized that they are just
incredibly rude, it doesn't matter what race, gender, sexual orientation or what
have you. It seems like if you are not part of their family then they don't like
you, period.

I find this to be quite sad considering the immense diversity within Philly,
especially center city. Additionally, as a business establishment it's really
unfortunate that they do not even feel compelled to be polite to their paying
customers as if they feel it is unnecessary to do so.

Bottom line...like everyone has said the General Tso's anything is amazing, the
moo shu is delicious and hand wrapped for you and in front of you by the staff.
I haven't had their food in 1 month and I am craving it desperately, that's how
good it is.

So, I will go back but it will be to pick up a takeout order, I have an interest
in eating their food but do not have an interest in feeling uncomfortable when I
do so. Until I find a place that has equally good veg chinese food and better
hospitality, I will be ordering from here for takeout only and when I do find a
better place- I'm gone.

Reviewed January 4, 2012

Very good Chinese vegan food, and reasonably priced for the lunch deal. Slightly let down by the sullen waitress and below average table service but would definitely go back.

Reviewed November 18, 2011

I am not a vegetarian. I love meat. I love seafood. But, as soon as I walk into Philadelphia, I start thinking about eggplant and tofu, fungus soup, general tso's tofu, green beans, braised mushrooms, and all of the other delicacies at this amazing Chinese vegetarian place. Other than outside a buddhist temple in Tibet, the best Chinese vegetarian food I have ever had. Plenty for the meat eater- imitation meat and fish that will amaze. Delightful staff, nice atmosphere, reasonable prices.

Reviewed June 13, 2011

This is vegetarian food that is Chinese, not Chinese food that is vegetarian. The food is clever, tasty, and fresh. The jasmine tea is made with rosewater. The lunch menu offers some outstanding values. the dinner menu is a bit higher, but still reasonable. The atmosphere is modern, and the restaurant is clean. My only complaint is that you have to ask for each refill on the tea.

Reviewed October 28, 2010

It's a great restaurant not only for vegetarians. My husband and I loved the food so much that we ate there twice during our short (2 day) stay in Philadelphia and we are not vegetarians. The service was very good, however little slow during busy lunch time.