“Sadly, Poor Tasting Food!”
Review of Vintage

Vintage
Reserve with OpenTable
Vintage is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #226 of 4,388 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: French, Wine Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: City Center East
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Sadly, Poor Tasting Food!”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

I went to Vintage with three friends. The menu is small, but that was not an issue. Two ordered a special home made pasta with mushrooms. We started with calamari as an app. The calamari had decent flavor, but a bit salty. The entree was a disaster. There was little flavor to the pasta dish, and the finish was harshly bitter. There was no balance of flavor nor was it aided by salt or pepper. The two others had a hamburger that was okay and shortribs that were overcooked but at least had some decent flavor. All four of us confirmed the pasta was terrible! When the waitress came to check on the dinner, we told her about the pasta, but she turned her back and walked away. It was more palatable when I took some of my friend's shortrib and included it with the pasta. The waitress made no effort to correct the situation. With wine and tip, my meal was about $50. Philadelphia has excellent restaurants. Sadly, I can say this is the worst restaurant experience I've had in Philadelphia in many years. I eat out regularly. The atmosphere was pleasant. The wine was good. Don't go for the food!!

• Visited April 2013

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Great food, drinks and service”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I found this bar by doing a random Google search. The menu looked good so I went to try it out. The weather was nice so I decided to sit outside. Our waiter was very friendly and explained the various specials for the night. I ate the Calamari and my boyfriend had the Vintage Burger.... both great options. We washed it down with a house wine that was delish. Our waiter, I think his name was Mike, suggested the pecan pie/cake for dessert... This was sooo good! We had a great experience here and will go back when we get a chance.

• Visited October 2012
Heerlen, The Netherlands
“Not really a wine bar”
Reviewed December 13, 2012

I found this place when I was looking for a winebar on the internet when I was in Philadelphia on a Friday night. I was not really hungry that night, so I decided to try some wine. The bar is located in 13th Street, downtown Philadelphia in a busy area full of bars and restaurants. When I entered and told them that I wanted to try some different wine, they stopped caring about me and left me alona. I got the impression that it's only about dinner here, not so much about wine. I found myself a spot at the bar and to be honest: the place looks nice. The bar was crowded and the choice on the wine list was large. Nevertheless, I could never get rid of that nasty feeling of not really feeling welcome. I tried a cheese platter to go with the wine (I had a Shooting Star Zinfandel and an Australian Shiraz) and the cheese was ok. Not more than that.

• Visited November 2012
Hoboken, NJ
“Great Spot”
Reviewed July 14, 2012 via mobile

Came here last night with my husband for some wine and cheese. The cheese plate was wonderful and the presentation was spot on. They have great happy hour specials too! The bar food specials all looked very interesting too. The lady next to us was eating beet pickled eggs..

Sydney, Australia
“Interesting bar food and good wine”
Reviewed June 16, 2012

Ate here recently - some good food and wines by the glass. Sitting outside was nice given warm weather and it is quite a lively area.
I had the Beet pickled eggs which were interesting - see photos including menu.

• Visited June 2012