“Great Saturday afternoon food stop”
Review of Khyber Pass Pub

Khyber Pass Pub
Ranked #86 of 4,509 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Neighborhood: City Center East
Reviewed February 10, 2014

Great food and the best Bloody Mary I have ever had! The muffeleta was good sized and enough for 2. Will return next time we are in Philly!

Reviewed January 20, 2014

We selected Khyber because it has good options for me, the lone Vegan in our group. The food was fine. We all enjoyed our meals, but I would not call it excellent. Laid back atmosphere, which we enjoyed. Our drinks were great - loved the beer selection. We had okay service - our waitress never put in our appetizers - so we did not receive them. But she was nice about it and bought our first round of drinks. There was a nice crowd - thinking it is a great local favorite.

Reviewed December 16, 2013

This was our second visit, and the primary target of entertainment for our trip. The first visit I foolishly played safe and ordered the house burger, and it was good. This time, however, I braved the new, and went for the roast beef po'boy. Never in my life did I think I would enjoy a concoction made from that list of ingredients, but it was absolutely amazing. The only complaint was that according to my wife I should have had gravy puddling around my elbows. And speaking of strange concoctions, the Bourbon Milk Punch. It makes no sense, tastes like nectar, and after several, makes total sense, and still tastes like nectar. If you can't get to NOLA, this makes for an acceptable substitute.

1  Thank mmcnally5
Reviewed December 14, 2013

This was a superb meal in every respect. The fried chicken juicy and flavorful, the mac and cheese exceptional baked in a small crock crispy on top. The duck sandwich with cashew oil, cheddar fries, and fried tomato BLT were also exceptional and quite large. We were also impressed with their large hunk of bread pudding. One of us had a Manhattan perfectly made and reasonably priced with premium spirits, The draft beer selection is extensive and properly poured.
The server was knowledgeable and friendly. This will be a go to place when we want to treat ourselves an unhealthy but delicious meal.

1  Thank kod
Reviewed December 7, 2013 via mobile

Second visit. First was for brunch where their tale on a Cajun version of eggs Benedict was fantastic. Lunch this time was a smoked turkey chili, which is up there with the best I've ever had. Servers are friendly and helpful. The beer selection is very good and focused on craft and micro- brewed selections. Also, unusual for a pub that focuses on beer, I had an outstanding Bloody Mary. This is now on my list of places to visit on a regular basis.