“Would come back in a heartbeat, great Southern/NOLA style food”
Review of Khyber Pass Pub

Khyber Pass Pub
Ranked #86 of 4,509 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Neighborhood: City Center East
Reviewed September 21, 2012

Went to Khyber Pass Pub during a recent trip to Philly and loved it. The restaurant is located in Philly's "Old City" neighborhood, which is a great area with lots of bars and restaurants. First off, the atmosphere is very relaxed and calm, not too quiet but not too loud. Second, their beer list is extensive and has some excellent choices, including tons of microbrews I had never heard of. Their food menu includes numerous Southern bbq items as well as some classics from New Orleans, such as po-boys, muffalettas and gumbo. I had the muffaletta and gumbo and both were good, my only complain is they make their muffalettas with swiss cheese which i'm not a fan of, but it was pretty good nonetheless. The prices were very reasonable and the service was quick, friendly and knowledgeable. Before I came to Khyber, I didn't really have a "go to" restaurant in Philly. Well, I do now.

Reviewed August 14, 2012

After a hot afternoon of exploring some historical stuff, we decided a mini-pub crawl was in order. We stopped here because of the craft beer selection and yummy menu. Had the cornmeal crusted oysters which were just ok. But the beer was great and the bartender was super friendly and welcoming. Seemed like a place you could happily spend an afternoon.

Reviewed June 9, 2012

Two of us went on a Saturday for lunch. There is a bar area and a separate dining room. Very casual with a well worn look and neighborhood feel.

Service was friendly but a little on the slow side. I think the slow, "lazy" pace was intentional and I do not mean that as a negative.

Very large beer list of both bottle and draft craft beers. The menu described the beers in detail. Our server was able to answer questions about the various types listed. The beers were all priced very reasonably.

For our meal we enjoyed a shrimp po boy and a Carolina style pulled pork sandwich. Both came with one side. Very good portion size. The pork had a nice smokey flavor and some heat.

There were families having lunch but I think I would avoid taking kids to this pub if you are going for a later dinner. I am guessing the later it gets, that the beer is more a draw than the food.

Parking lots are near by and for out of towners, you will find this a safe area of the city.

The two sandwiches, 2 beers and tip ran us $45 which I feel was reasonable based on our experience. I would return in the future.

Reviewed April 24, 2012

My husband and I spent a great Friday night at Khyber Pass Pub. The atmosphere was relaxed and they had the Flyers game on both televisions! Drinks were well priced and the bar service was great. We returned the next day for lunch to try the food and I had a killer po' boy sandwich. Nothing pretentious about this place, just a good old time!

Reviewed February 6, 2012

We had some fun beer and a nice appetizer. A fun bar to visit! The Cornmeal Crusted Gulf Oysters were great.