“disgusting”

Inn Between Bed & Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Philadelphia
Inn Between Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #20 of 25 Philadelphia B&B and Inns
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“disgusting”
Reviewed July 22, 2012

Dusty, dark and unpleasant place. It definitely doesn't fit with the expected standards for a B&B.
Beware! Don't go there!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
6 Thank Traveller_11428970

Brooklyn
Reviewed April 17, 2012

So Ana the owner was perfectly nice and helpful, but seemed a bit out there and scatter-brained which now makes sense reading the prior reviews. We were there in March of 2008 (ignore the when did you travel date)

The property and house were nicely decorated and in a sense "clean" if you think of clean as not having things lying out of place or noticably dirty. But I couldn't help feeling I was sleeping in a haunted house because EVERYTHING was covered in dust! And everything was very poorly lit and dark. Also, my fiance is deathly allergic to cats and dogs and I saw that cats were "on the property" but who would have thought she would let them in the rooms?? Cat hair was visible on our sheets, pillows and covered the carpets and curtains! My fiance thought I was trying to kill him. I rolled up the carpets, took done the curtains, asked for new bedding and kept the windows open while we were out to air out the room at which point Ana complained bc we were letting the heat out...really??? Breakfast was also adequete, nothing special, just fuel for the day.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
5 Thank plinababez23
Berlin, Germany
Reviewed March 23, 2011

Although Ana, the owner and innkeeper, seems friendly and nice, the place (an old house on UPenn campus) needs complete renovation and especially A LOT OF CLEANING. I'm saying this because I believe that no civilized person would want to pay for a room full of dust, where rags from the ceiling fall off on you while you're showering, and the private bathroom has no door (so it's basically like having the toilet in the room). Other rooms have a shared bath or a private one in the hall, I don't know whether those are better.
Furthermore, Ana lets her two cats walk freely through the house, and when she first showed me my room (which, by the way, has no key), one of the cats entered and she didn't even try to stop him. Bed sheets didn't look too clean either, and no one ever did my room in 3 days.
When I asked Ana to vacuum-clean my room because I didn't like that much dust on the floor, what she did was just take out the carpet!! Apparently she doesn't realize how dirty the place is. Too bad, because the rooms are pretty large and could look great if they got properly cleaned and better furnished.

Breakfast : just coffee and juice and a less-than-delicious piece of cake.

All in all a very bad place to stay: beware of this B&B.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
4 Thank littledindon
philadelphia
Reviewed August 2, 2008

Ana was very friendly and helpful with directions, but there are definitely improvements to be made at this B&B. For example, it was obvious that our (private) bathroom was also used as a bathroom for the occupant(s) of the house when guests were not using the suite. Personal care products were left in the bathroom and it felt more like someone's personal space than a real B&B. Also, the rugs in the bathroom were worn and beyond their time. The sheets and towels were very musty smelling to the point of needing to be thrown away. The breakfasts were not what I've ever had at a B&B before: cereal and toast/bagel/croissant. Nothing was homemade. I think this could be a great B&B because it is a beautiful house, but a lot needs to change to make it feel like a focal point rather than an afterthought.

• Liked — the architecture
  • Disliked — cleanliness, food
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
5 Thank drexelU
boston
Reviewed November 18, 2007

On a busy Philly weekend Inn Between had a room for us, so via email agreed with innkeeper Anna for Just Burgandy suite. On arriving in Philly called for directions and she said oh I though you were coming tomorrow, (I have the emails with my correct dates and her agreement) then she said if you are ok with it I will put you in another room. I agreed. We dropped our bags off and picked up keys. Anna was very nice and accommodating but we started to notice trouble, first the place was a bit unkept, papers scattered around like you were family not a guest. also two cats were up on the dining table. On our return we went to our room, the door had no lock, bathroom had no door, used soap in sink and shower, sink was not bolted to the ground and looks unscrubbed, bathroom rug had white spots, I assume toothpaste, outside kitchenette had dirty dishs and dirty sink with crusted debis, but what made us finally decide to leave was the room had no heat and was in the 40's-50's. Anna tried to warm it up but by that time we had seen enough. We got online and got a room at the Sheraton. Anna was very nice about it and said she would refund our 1st night that had already been charged... I hope we get a refund and I will call my cc company to dispute.

7 Thank Steven S