“YUMMY AGAIN”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Rum Bar
Reviewed January 30, 2012

This spot is just delicious. I was sad the avacado soup was no longer on the menu this restaurant week. That soup is tasty! I dont like pumpkin or carrot but they have soup down pack at Rum bar because after having the avacado soup I decided to try the pumpkin carrot soup and it was GREAT. I think they put some thinly sliced pieces of fried pumpkin on top as well and it was quite tasty. I decided to try something different and had the mussels as an appetizer because the server was raving about them. But I wish I stuck with the Calamari. The mussels tasted a little watered down to me. My friend had the jerk wings they were good. Not as spicy as I would like but still tasty. The pernil was not horrible could use a little more rice. I'm used of having my pernil witht he skin on the outside was well. They got rid of the fat and the skin which made it more appealing on the plate and it tasted alright. I'm just not really a fan of the dessert there. Had the bread pudding.

Reviewed September 20, 2011

The food was great! I especially LOVED the Cuban Style Calamari. It was seasoned wonderfully! The Paella was great as well. I was happy it didn't have grouper as I can only eat shell fish. It was tasty! I was sad they didn't have the Tres Leches instead some type of plaintain dessert which was ok but I prefer plaintain next to my entree. The only negative is that the dining side is very small! So its best to make a reservation.

Reviewed October 14, 2010

Maybe we had a bad experience because it was resteraunt week. We went to the rum bar and were given regualr menus. We made choices off the app menu while we waited for drinks. The drinks were sublime. Then we tried to order and they only had a select menu cause of restaurant week. They never said this to us going in. Spent 40 buck on drinks to find this out. Bartender was great, drinks were good. Never had the food.