“Fancy Indian”

Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: City Center East
Cross street: 9th & Chestnut St.
Transit: Regional trains (R1, R2, R3, R4, R5, R6, R7, R8) stop two blocks away at the Market East Station located at 11th & Market Street. All below listed buses stop in front of the restaurant: 9, 17, 21, 33, 38, 42, 44, 47, and 61. The New Jersey High Speed PATCO Line station is located in less than a block away at 9th & Locust Streets.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Fancy Indian”
Reviewed May 19, 2012

Gorgeous surroundings, but I didn't think the food livedup to it. Too expensive for the quantity --barely adequate for a normal eater.

• Visited September 2011

Denver, Colorado
“Delicious food - huge lunch buffet!”
Reviewed August 29, 2011

We went on a Sunday for the lunch buffet. It's $12 a person and there are a TON of food options. We went around noon and there was practically no one else in the restaurant so we had really fast service. Very good food and I'd say that the buffet was worth the money. Try the mango chicken!

• Visited August 2011
Dallas, Pa
“Authentic Indian”
Reviewed February 13, 2011

Extensive and delicious menu! A wonderful place to go with a group and share your food. Surprisingly affordable. Loved it!

• Visited November 2010
Atlanta, GA
“Best Indian food I have had in Philadelphia”
Reviewed October 5, 2010

I took several of my colleagues to Palace at the Ben. Some of them had never tried Indian food, others were well versed in Indian food. The waiter was very good at explaining the various items to those with questions and everyone raved about the meal. Thanks to the Ritz consierge for the recommendation.

New York City
“Excellent meal and service”
Reviewed September 12, 2010

My partner and I decided on a whim to come down to Philadelphia from New York City. After enduring a 2 hour Bolt bus ride, we were starving and looked for a nice place to eat. We came across this Indian restaurant and because of its high reviews we decided to check it out. When we got there it was completely empty and nobody was at the front. Eventually a host came around and I asked if they were open or preparing for dinner. They were open and the host walked us to our table. I immediately was trepidatious about eating in a restaurant where we were the only customers. However once the food and friendly waiter came around, all my fears were put to rest. The Naan was so savory and doughy at the base, probably the best I've ever had. It was well worth the trip to Philly and a great way to start our weekend.