“NFL Playoffs + Fried Chicken”
Review of Founding Fathers

Founding Fathers
Ranked #825 of 5,035 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Reviewed January 15, 2017

We were a group of 5 who arrived in the early evening. It had snowed that morning/afternoon and it seemed that everyone who had stayed indoors earlier had decided to venture out at the same time. Thus, we had to wait a bit to be seated. Despite one of our group's irrational hangriness, we decided to wait it out and I'm certainly glad that we did. We were seated in a comfortable corner booth with multiple TVs in clear view. The server was incredibly accommodating and didn't seem to mind that the group ordered in waves. My husband and I shared the fried chicken, which definitely made it in our top-5 fried chicken plates that we've tried.

Reviewed October 28, 2016 via mobile

The interior of the bar is nice. Lots of tables and televisions for watching sports. Decently priced.

We sat at a table - service was very slow - it wasn't busy in the restaurant and yet we had to continue to go to the bar to ask for our server. Disappointing.

Reviewed October 17, 2015

Went here for dinner. We sat outside on a nice autumn night. The beer was good and the food very tasty.

Reviewed October 14, 2015 via mobile

Stopped recently on a Saturday college football afternoon. Most of the place was filled with people watching games. We were seated off to the side and had asked for a high top table that was vacant. The hostess was a bit inexperienced and really did not know how to run the tables. Being around restaurants for many years, she could have taken care of us. We did get a table. The service was a bit iffy, however passable. We ate appetizers, which were good, beers were good as well. Manager that came on a little later was very helpful and really worked the room. I have been here before and will go back. Great for sports viewing.

Reviewed October 6, 2015

Fine if your intention is to catch a bite in a sports bar, where there is a good selection of beer, etc., an abundance of TVs to watch sports events, and excellent wait staff (judging not only from my limited experience but also other reviewers). However, the food was quite disappointing. Ordered a large Caesar salad with seared tuna. I don't want to imagine how small the regular size might have been, inasmuch as my supposedly large salad wasn't very big. Nor very good; quite plain and undistinguished. And the seared tuna was a nice-sized piece of blackened tuna that was cooked far beyond just searing, so that it was rather well done. When I mentioned this to the server, he apologized and offered to take it back (I declined) and later told me that the chef said the doneness was attributable to the fact that when in the past it has been served to customers just [properly] seared they have often sent it back to the kitchen as underdone. I understand -- just as some patrons of good steakhouses don't understand what is meant, for example by "rare" and are surprised and disappointed when a steak they order that way is bloody inside. Maybe the lesson is, when ordering, to ask one's waiter about cooking doneness and explain what one desires in that regard.